First scan

Bubsta

Love my Girl & baby Boy!
Reaction score
Hi. I don't have my 8wk scan til 22nd Oct. I have such mixed emotions. Mostly, I honestly just feel sad when I think about it. I want to get it over and done with. With my last MC, it was a total surprise as I had all the pregnancy symptoms. I'm just so scared of it happening all over again. I feel like my symptoms have continued longer so far, but I still just feel sad about the scan. I have tried to prepare myself for the worst, but lets be honest,none of us can truly prepare ourselves for such heartache.

I haven't really read anyone feeling sad when they think about having their first scan. Am I alone? Xx

Nope I was petrified last time around at all 3 scans. I hate having scans I cant get past the feelings from the first 3 I had which were all bad. Even though with C I ended up having 5 all told in the end, I was scared each time even on the 35 week one

Mizze x

I wish we could both just enjoy it Mizzie. I'm hoping maybe the 20wk scan I might be able to relax enough to enjoy. With both my MC its been discovered on the first scan. We'll just have to send each other heaps of positive vibes when it's our turn and hope for the best. Have you booked yours yet? Xx

The 20 week was great in the end as were all of Caitlyn s scans it's just that the fear beforehand is always there. On the 35week one we could see her hair!! :)

Next scan Friday at 9. Hoping like hell there will be a hb. Nausea pretty much constant now when is keeping M.D. calm

Mizze x

Wow! Seeing her hair is soo cool! With my DD, I only saw one scan that wasn't the grey grainy image and that was the 20wk scan. It Was awesome to see so much more detail. I Guess more fear in the beginning is normal. I'm sure as time progresses, we'll get more comfortable with it. Xx

im glad i found this :) im both looking forward to and dreading my scan, i have it next tues. i had mmc on first preg and had 3 scans before they and i were sure she wasnt growing so now scans in my head mean scary news . lets hope this time its good news , not scary news. i think il cry either way :) i just heard from a girl on here she had her first scan today and she is same amount preg as me and she saw 2 heartbeats , she is having twins, so it can be good news too :) hope it is for us xxxxxxxxxxx

lilesmom I seem to be following you in threads lol :)

I'm the same, not got a date for 1st scan yet but midwife app not till im 11 weeks but I'm already worrying told my partner I don't want to go for a scan as part of me doesn't want to know/can't bear bad news again. I can see it all in my head walking in the room when I had my 1st scan last time and it all went wrong. It's so scary but we have to stay strong and hope for the best!

Wishing you ladies all the luck in the world I'm sure we are all worrying over nothing (fx'd)
:hugs:

they r making u wait the meanies, xx would u go for private scan to reassure urself, i didnt think i would get an early scan but i did thank god :) i was gonna go for a private one if not. :) there is no reason we shouldnt be fine, im sick of worry , it can feck off :) easier said than done some days ha ha xxxxxxx
best of luck guys xxxxxxxxxx

Well when I asked my doc about an early scan he said unless I had bad cramps or bleeding I wouldn't get an early scan and right now I can't afford a private one. I'm phoning my docs tomorrow going to tell him how anxious I feel and see if he will arrange a scan..i need to know either way whats happening! I'm just cautious that I might have my dates wrong and be earlier than I thought and don't want to go for a scan to not see anything..by my LMP im 7ish weeks but surely even if i was only 5-6 they could still see something? Anyways I'm hoping to get some answers tomorrow :) xx

if all else fails cry wolf , who can tell if u really do have spotting r not xx
the worry is exhausting in its self, it would be nice to have reassurance :)
best of luck, hope they help u hon, let us know how u get on xxx

So it doesn't look like its that uncommon then. Good luck for Tuesday Lilesmom. Make sure you let us know how you go. I hope you manage to get in earlier Kerriex. 11 weeks is too long when your anxious. X good luck to all of us.

Oh Kerri - I do sympathise with that - I have been in that scan room 4 times now

1) August 2009 "Come back next week, you say you are 9 weeks but this looks 6 weeks"
2) August 2009 a week later "It still looks 6 weeks and it hasnt grown in the week so yes you are miscarrying, lets talk about your options..."
3) December 2009 "You say you are 11-12 weeks this looks 6 weeks - you are miscarrying, do you want another d&c"
4) Oct 2012 "You are 6 weeks and this looks about right but its too soon to tell, come back next week"

There are 48 tiles in the ceiling of that room and 16 half tiles, the walls of the corridor outside have the same 3 pictures of bluebells on them that they did 3 years ago

My 5th time in that room is tomorrow - and so far Ive never had good news - all the regular scheduled scans, even early reasurrance ones, are in another part of the hospital (where I had 4 happy scans with my daughter)- only emergency early preg scans are done in the EPU and that room has never been good for me. The only thing keeping me sane is my ms is just like that with my daughter and far more severe than with the mmc's

Dont cry wolf unless you really cant bear it - Ive sat in that waiting room watching women go in to be scanned who, quite obviously, had cried wolf and I had to wait hours in that corridor while they got their happy scans and I didnt.

Lets hope your Dr listens to you and really sees the anxiety - it can be so very debilitating living with that for weeks and weeks.

:hugs::hugs:

Mizze

Oh Mizzie, what sad scan stories. Knowing how many tiles just goes to show you have spent too much time in there not looking at happy shots. Oh I'm going to be thinking of you tomorrow honey, and I hope you don't notice anything in that room other than your beautiful bubba with that HB flickering away. Mwah. Xx

oh mizzie I really hope tomorrow is 5th time lucky I will be thinking of you!

I am so glad I found this site there are so many lovely ladies on here..

Good luck with your scan Lilesmom and bubsta I hope you are well, sure we are all worried over nothing :)

I phoned my drs this morning and can't get app till next week. Gonna leave it over the weekend and ring again monday morning. That way if I do get a scan I will be almost 8 weeks if dates are right and more to see on scan (f x'd) :) xx

thanks bubsta ,will do. wish time would go quicker ha ha the closer it gets the more impatient i am :)

mizze so sorry hon, xxxxxxx :hugs:
i didnt mean to take it lightly , i just said it cos if she genuinely cant afford it and the worry is depriving her of rest and sleep maybe she should.
my hosp is different for some strange reason , it was a bank hol weekend so maybe thats why but when i had spotting last time i was the only one in the emergency room and they wouldnt scan me until the following tues anyway in the early scan place so i wasnt taking up any emergency docs time. in case u think im a nut case who willy nilly clogs up hospitals for no reason ha ha xxxx
fx all goes well for u this time hon, xxxxxxxx

kerrie that sounds good , 8 weeks is a lot closer than 11 :) fx for u xx

thanks bubsta ,will do. wish time would go quicker ha ha the closer it gets the more impatient i am :)

mizze so sorry hon, xxxxxxx :hugs:
i didnt mean to take it lightly , i just said it cos if she genuinely cant afford it and the worry is depriving her of rest and sleep maybe she should.
my hosp is different for some strange reason , it was a bank hol weekend so maybe thats why but when i had spotting last time i was the only one in the emergency room and they wouldnt scan me until the following tues anyway in the early scan place so i wasnt taking up any emergency docs time. in case u think im a nut case who willy nilly clogs up hospitals for no reason ha ha xxxx
fx all goes well for u this time hon, xxxxxxxx

kerrie that sounds good , 8 weeks is a lot closer than 11 :) fx for u xx

Oh hun I know you didnt mean that! (and thank you for the hugs) And actually if the anxiety and worry is that bad (and we all know how bad it can get) then I certainly think Kerrie should certainly get her scan

FX for you Kerrie x Let us know how it goes

Mizze x

I'm petrified for my first scan. I won't get one until 12 weeks.

I probably could've pushed and got an early one but I feel like the scan was where it all went downhill last time so I just want to delay that this time.

Until the sonographer talks at my scan I think I'll just be lying there shaking and dreading them pulling 'the face' before turning round and saying "I'm sorry".

I know it's not right to think like that or be expecting it. Bit I've never come away from a scan with good news so it's hard to imagine a different outcome.

I can understand that too CupcakeBaby. I'm so in two minds. One part is just so scared to see that empty sac again or, non viable, and I just don't want to do it...And the other part of me just wants to get it over and done with. ... just tell me... 'I'm sorry' or delight me by saying, 'there's your baby and look at that HB strongly beating away'... It's inevitable... We have to get it over and done with eventually, so sooner is probably better than later. We need to try and bit a little more positive don't we... It WILL be ok, it WILL be ok. Good luck to us all. We all should post on here when we have our scans to show that it really IS ok and we are all worrying unnecessarily. Xx

mizze have u had ur scan? hope its good xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cupcake , i feel ur pain, i didnt ask for an early scan,they just sent me a letter saying i had one. im f***ing dreading it, its on tues, the closer it gets, the more of a wreck i become . im really worried now. i have no idea which way its gonna go. not an inkling.
ive even started thinkin would i go for d and e again r go natural or what im gettin so bad. i need someone to give me a slap to snap out of it. being preg again is what i most wanted and now i have it , im not even enjoying it any more. i feel sorry for myself and mad with myself at once. arrgghhh
okay rant over , i had to let it out. im tellin people im fine and just waiting. i havent even told OH how afraid i am cos i dont wanna worry him anymore, he would think i felt something to make me feel like this. a fast forward button would be really handy :)

bubsta u r so right if i could have them wheel a trolley into my sitting room to scan me now ,i d be happier ha ha
i wil repeat 'it will be alright, it wil be alright ' :)
thanks. xxxxxxxxx
there is no reason it cant be alright for us. xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"