• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

First stretch marks :(

bjl1981

Reaction score
On sunday I noticed my first stretch marks. Its really horrible and dark and blahhhhhhhhhhh.:cry:
I was being really careful and watching for stretching and they just suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Safe to say I'm lathering on Palmers moisturising stuff everyday now.
So just a warning (although I know not everyone gets them) to start using moisturiser BEFORE the stretch marks start!!!!:dohh:

i used baby lotion and oil on my tummy and thats been ok but on my legs i found a really dark one the other day ...and i cried! lol i dont think you can really prevent them though, im trying but i forgot to moisturise my legs! :( x

Does lotion actually help prevent them? I have read conflicting info abut it and I wanted to know for sure so I can put it on more if it helps.

Does lotion actually help prevent them? I have read conflicting info abut it and I wanted to know for sure so I can put it on more if it helps.

I think it can help lessen them, but ultimately it's all about genetics - if you're going to get them then there's a not a lot you can do really unfortunately!

I used oils and lotions in my last pregnancy and still got them, I really think it is the luck of the draw and depends on your skin type, I think if you have any anywhere pre-pregnancy it is very likely you will get them!

I was using bio oil from 8 weeks - 15 weeks and the discovered i was allergic to it so since 15 weeks i've been using Aqueous (sp) cream.

I know this is a silly question but if you get stretch marks could you not pay to get the lazed off like you would a tattoo? Or is there anyway you can get rid of them?

They are not on the skin's surface hun they are underneath

What are they?
Stretch marks look like thin, stretched tissue, and that is more or less what they are. They appear in people who put on or lose weight rapidly. The upper layer of the skin is normal, but in the lower layer the collagen and elastin, which give the skin its strength and elasticity, have become thinner and broken. At first, the marks look reddish-purple. This is because the stretched skin is more transparent and the small blood vessels that lie deep in the skin show through. Later, the blood vessels contract. The purplish colour then fades to white, which is simply fat under the skin showing through.

I know this is a silly question but if you get stretch marks could you not pay to get the lazed off like you would a tattoo? Or is there anyway you can get rid of them?

I thought you could get them lazered off. A cosmetic surgeon where I live does it. At least he claims he can do it.

I've heard the same about not being able to prevent them. It's probably always good to lotion or oil the skin regardless of stretchmarks though just to keep looking young longer. But for me, nothing has stopped the stretchmarks so I'm just thinking of them as my little roadmaps of successful TTC. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"