First Swimsuit

PrincessPea

Mummy to Jessica
Reaction score
Bought my LO her first teeny tiny swimsuit today, have included a pic! And its still too big at the moment!!! :haha:

On that note - when did you first take your LO's swimming? My LO has had her 3rd set of immunisations, is 4 months actual but only 2 weeks corrected so not sure if its too soon (will need to wait a couple of weeks for the swimsuit to fit anyway!)

Any advice?

Have also included a few recent pics of my LO.

Attachments

• IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0586.jpg
    IMG_0586.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 11
My lo is 9 months corrected and 1 year actual and still hasn't been swimming which is a shame as she loves the water.

Depending on the temp of the pool they don't recommend you take them until they are 12-14lb. Unfortunately by the time my lo was 12lb winter was here so I am keeping her out of places where there is a lot of children to minimise the risk of getting RSV which my HV has said is currently at high levels due to the extreme cold weather!

I plan to take her in the spring.

Thank you dear.

I have obviously got over excited then :rofl:

Is your LO getting the RSV vaccine injection every month?

I wish. In edi they only qualified for it if they were on oxygen and my lo isn't. I had to fight to get her the flu jab!

I got excited as well and had great plans to take her to waterbabies but she didn't put weight on quick enough and you can only go to it until they are a year!

We are going on holiday when Poppy is 6 months and DH wants to take her to the indoor swimming pool but I'm not sure as I don't want her to pick anything up! Maybe I'm being a bit overprotective?! I just don't want her getting poorly!

I say when you feel Jessica and yourself is ready to go then you take her. There is so much conflicting information and advice out there. I spoke to HV today who said as long as 2nd immunisations have been given and the water's not cold then no problem. I'm desperate to take Ella and almost took her yesterday but the change rooms were cold. I've decided to wait until she's had her 3rd jabs (1st Feb) and i find the perfect pool for temp and quiet times then i'll take her UNLESS her peadiatrician advises otherwise. Why dont we take the babies for their first dunk together! :happydance: once the suit fits that is :winkwink:

Definitely Dasy, we will go together. Foo is going to come too. Fab. x:hugs:

Kian was 5 weeks early and i took him at 9 weeks so 4 weeks corrected. They say you can take babies from birth. The first time we went, we only stopped in the water for a very short time but now have gradually built that time up and we now stay in the water for up to between 45 minutes to an hour (hes 23 weeks now, 18 corrected), we also went to a pool with a special baby pool which is lovely and warm. When we go i just hold him and bob him around, i bought him a swim seat now hes a bit bigger so i could pull him around in it but he's not keen lol. He really enjoys swimming and we now try to go every week, also when you go if your bottle feeding take one with you because my Lo is always very hungry after swimming xx

Well i asked today when in seeing the doc and she was saying yep we can go for a wee splash any time we like although she suggested a nice warm pool and only for short periods to begin with and build it up like KiansMummy did :))) Bring on the water fun! :happydance:

Does anyone know of any pool in the Central Belt area that heats their baby pools up especially for the bubba's on certain days? The doc was telling me some pools do this but wasn't sure where. :)

WOOHOOO!!! bring on the swimming!!!

Foo said that Grangemouth was lovely and warm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->