First Thing You Bought

FeistyMom

3 DDs, 1 DS & Preggers
Reaction score
What is the first thing you bought specifically because you were pregnant? Either for yourself or the baby? What about hubby?

I haven't made a purchase yet, but I'm thinking about buying the same pregnancy journal I have used for my first 4 kids! My hubby was so excited for our first, but was so clueless about what to do - we went to a Halloween party (none of our friends knew yet), and they had one of those toy vending machines, where you work the crane to grab the toy and try to get it back to the drop spot. He worked that thing for 45 minutes and spent I don't know how many quarters to 'win' a little stuffed teddy bear for the little one. And to this day, she loves that bear (she's 9 now).

That's so sweet! It's amazing how they take to these toys and hold onto them forever, I hope my girl has the same reaction to her bunny bear 😊
The first thing I bought was a Winnie the Pooh 5 piece clothing set. I was about 10/11 weeks but I had some high street vouchers to use & REALLY wanted to buy something for baby!

With my lg I bought a
Little rabbit made by jelly car she still loves it now x

I bought a teeny tiny baseball jersey of DH's favourite team right after I got my BFP! I'm going to wait until we can see the heartbeat and then give it to DH as a gift :)

Littlelegs that's the bear I bought! She's got the white one with the flowery ears & my brother bought her a small pink one :)

Wishnandhopin that sounds like such a good idea, it'll be the best gift.

I ordered a copy of What to Expect for myself, nothing for the blastocyst yet!

Nothing yet :( I darnt until my 12 week scan.

My daughter it was a toy dog she never looked at

My son it was nappies. Much more usable haha

My first purchase was some previously-loved cloth diapers. I bought them right before my 11 week scan, when I still wasn't even sure there was a healthy baby in there. I just needed something to perk me up. Now I'm 22 weeks... and the only things I've purchased are more cloth diapers. I haven't bought a single outfit or non-diaper item yet. I kept saying I was waiting to buy anything else until we confirmed gender, but it's been confirmed twice now. I guess I'm just trying to pace myself. LOL

We bought stuff what others would consider much too early, I'm sure.

We went to a neighborhood garage sale the day after we found out. We bought four books (what to expect making five) and four gender neutral onsies. When buying second hand, if we see something you like you have to grab it.

Since, I've bought a few more outfits from goodwill and some used newborn cloth diapers on ebay.

I am planning on cooling it as far as the purchasing goes because it's early and I have until April to prepare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->