First time and scared

MaryBel

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I've just joined baby and bump. I'm pregnant for the first time and very excited. I'm currently 10 weeks and five days but had some sharp pains in my lower right side last night which stayed for a while. It was only in one spot. It disappeared overnight and then has come back today. Again in one spot on lower right. Almost like a shooting pain, which comes and then disappears. I'm scared. I've had pains in previous weeks, like stretching sensations but for some reason, these felt different. Also, I don't have any bleeding. Any advice or reassurance?

Congratulations MaryBel! It sounds to me like round ligament pain (feels like a sharp stabbing stretch). Try to avoid fast movements, it is the ligament holding your uterus and completely normal.
If you are worried about it, you can check with your doctor/MW at the next appointment.

Hello mmMlm,

Thanks so much for coming back to me. You're very kind to take the time. Hope all is well with you. It's nice to be part of this community.

Yup get used to them as you will get alot of different aches , cramps and pains in the next 9 months ! There is alot going on inside :) congratulations on your BFP and happy healthy 9 months to you

Thank you for your reply. I feel worried but it's nice to hear reassurance from you guys. Congratulations on your new addition. I wish you many, many years of health and happiness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->