First-time BBT charter!

bdaysuitup

Reaction score
Hello forum!

I'm new to all of this, so sorry if I don't have all the terms right!

After a few months of trying I decided to step it up and record some temps. I have Fertility Friend, but not the VIP version. Since you all are such seasoned BBT chart readers, I wanted to post mine and get some feedback! I'm attaching a screenshot of what it looks like today.

Wondering a few things 1) is this triphasic? 2) would you say my ovulation date is around CD12? Because if so, today is day 18 after ovulation and I've heard elevated temp that long can be a good sign! Since it's my first month tracking temps, I just can't be sure what I'm seeing.

FF seems to think my ovulation date changed to just a few days ago, but that's impossible based on my cycle. In actuality I think it's detecting my second temp bump (hence I think it's triphasic). But I think detecting triphasic graph is a VIP feature, so I guess that's why.

Symptoms wise, I have a pretty serious back ache which is not normal for me at all, but I did do a couple hard workouts over the weekend. I also have some cramping which is in the realm of normal PMS for me. I'm super anxious for tomorrow, which will be CD31. Last month, I started my period on CD31 so I'm trying to stay sane until tomorrow!

Any thoughts?? Thank you!!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Can I just ask if you are temping orally or vaginally, and if you're temping at a consistent time before you get up etc

I would say it doesn't look triphasic at all. With triphasic charts there will literally be 2 plateaus and it's really easy to spot the difference. But it doesn't need to be triphasic for you to be pregnant so I wouldn't worry about that too much. It just matters that your temps stay high post-ovulation.

That looks like a pretty typical chart and that you just need more data as it's still trying to work out your dates. I think your ovulation date looks correct according to your chart (CD24). It's always possible it could be CD12, but you only started charting a few days before so it's not enough pre-ovulation data for it to know if it could be at CD12. I would start from CD1 so that it has plenty of data to analyse. But there is a clear cover line for the rise at CD24, so I think that looks more likely. I suspect it would become more certain about the data as you continue to enter further data each day. It might also help if you inputted info like cervical mucus or opk results as it uses that along with your temps to give you an ovulation date. But if this is your first month, that looks good, I would just keep going. It should be easier to see a predictable pattern after a month or two and then you can time sex a bit better based on that feedback.

Thanks so much for the responses!!

I am doing oral temps right now, and trying my best to keep it very consistent. I have to get up for work at 6am everyday anyways, and I usually sleep really well. I keep the thermometer next to my bed and is literally the first thing I do, before going to the bathroom or drinking water or anything. Temp do look erratic but maybe it'll get more consistent with more data points!

So it sounds like it's definitely possible the CD24 is the ovulation date, but is that very late in the cycle? I suppose there could be a huge variation in when ovulation occurs for each woman. I have been charting my period for a few months, so at least the CD#s and dates should be correct.

Also, this lower back acheyness is getting brutal. It isn't pain per se, just like an ache as if I did a very difficult core workout at the very low part of my back/hips. It's been almost a full week since my last workout so I'm really wondering what that's about...

CD24 is later than average in your cycle for ovulation, but you could just be having a long cycle. A healthy luteal phase is usually at least 11 days long (that's the period between ovulation and your period) because it takes on average around 9 days, even as long as 12 days for a fertilised egg to implant, so if your period shows up before that happens, implantation doesn't occur. So something more like 14 days is better. But as long as you have a decent luteal phase and are able to get a good guess of when ovulation is likely to occur, then a long cycle doesn't really matter, even if it might be annoying. Checking cervical mucus and opks might help as they give you more of when ovulation is imminent in the next day or two. Temps really only tell you after the fact that it has occurred, but are helpful as long as your cycles are regular (as in, you can see a pattern that you ovulate on roughly the same day or so every month) because then you can still plan in advance. But this might just be a weird month for you, so I would just see how it goes.

MindUtopia, this is so helpful, thank you!

So if my luteal phase is as long as 12 days and the crosshairs FF drew for me are true based on temps then it might not be until another 5 days until I can claim a missed period! oof, the torture! Oh and also my husband has been out of town the last week so our timing this month was potentially way off. We timed sex before CD12 instead. Oh well, at least trying is fun ;)

I've been stepping it up slightly every month, so if I do get this period I'm definitely going to get the OPK and chart cervical mucus.

Do you guys think I should take a pregnancy test in the next few days or wait 5 days? I'm trying not to get crazy about this. Managing potential excitement and such..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->