First Time IVF cycles...looking for a buddy

Right now I only have to do two at night, but I think I'd force him to do the morning ones too if I have them. I tried really hard to do them myself once but I just couldn't do it. You'd think having all my tattoos I'd be okay with needles but I'm really really not.

Hey, hoping I can pop in and join you ladies! We met with our new dr today to start our ivf. We are looking to start at the end of Nov. I go tomorrow for some labs and an ultrasound, and Monday I will have a shg. She stated that based off of levels from our last dr, my ovarian reserve should be great, but she wants to just do follow up testing. DH will also have labs and another sa. His count averages 3 million. After all of this testing in the next couple of weeks we will find out what meds I'll be on. She stated that we should be ready to go by mid October , but we may need that extra month to save some more money. So that's why we are waiting until the end of November. Totally new to ivf! I'm still learning a lot and can't wait to start!! We did 3 iuis before, but have been kind of chill this last year. Did everyone here start the process with bc?

I can't speak for everyone else, but my process started with bc. Seems completely counter productive, but the doctors know what they're doing more than I ever will.

Hello Amanda and the rest of my TTC sisters!!

Congrats :happydance: on your 14 mm folli, Amanda!! Let me know how your 2nd scan turns out tomorrow.

As for me, A LOT has been going on. Where do I start.. lol!? Since I posted last, I have completed financing through ARC (approved instantly). So, that was a huge relief and blessing. The rest will be out of pocket i.e. icsi, donor meds, legal contracts & counseling fees, etc... I was able to have Kaiser fill my BCP (desogen), physical exam and order a lot of the pre-cycle lab work. Tomorrow boyfriend and I go do the rest of our blood work at LabCorp.

I'm waiting for AF to pay a visit, so that I can schedule a hysteroscopy!! Not looking forward to that, but it has to be done. :nope:

I've locked in a donor and she has a flexible schedule. So, everything's a GO!! Oh yeah, failed to mention I'm a Nurse. I'll be doing all my injections if and when they're needed. I love to give injections and I don't mind being on the receiving end ( u can call me crazy, it's ok). haha :lol:

It seems like everyone around me is pregnant. And when I notice them, I can't help but hope that one day soon, that'll be me!!

Wishing that everyone can get a BFP soon!! :dust:

Hi Holly,

I read your post about BCP being counter-productive while on an ART cycle. It does seem like an oxymoron, but there's good rationale behind it.

First, in a normal menstrual cycle multiple follicles (which contain the eggs) begin to grow, but then one follicle becomes dominant and grows faster than the rest and the remaining follicles stop progressing. By taking birth control pills before starting the stimulation medications, the follicles are more likely to grow at a similar rate. This leads to a greater number of follicles being mature at the same time, and therefore increases the number of eggs that are retrieved.

Using birth control pills also allows the doctor to have some control over when retrievals take place.

Lastly, birth control pills can also decrease the chance of developing cysts prior to starting the stimulation medications. When cysts are present, sometimes they need to be drained of their fluid and that can cause a delay in your cycle.

So, when you are instructed to start birth control, just remember that you won’t be taking it to prevent pregnancy but rather to encourage it!

Gaaaah I just added a third shot to my routine and for the first time got the "redness and itching at injection site" side effect. I'm going to itch my stomach raw!

Holly that sucks! Ice maybe? What did you add?

I had my scan this morning, and had lots of mature follicles!! I trigger tonight and er is on Friday. So nervous!!!!!!! But par for the course I guess!

I think it was cetrotide that I added. If that's not the right name it's something very similar and evil. I'm so excited for you that you're ready to trigger! I'll keep my fingers crossed and think nothing but sticky good thoughts for you on Friday. I go tomorrow for another scan but doubt they'll tell me what my follicles look like. The doctor is a stuffy old grump.

That's too bad, how long have you been stimming for? When's your ec scheduled? Do you know?

Thanks for the thoughts Friday! I'm just hoping the whole thing isn't as painful as I've heard it is!

I started gonal-f and menopur this past Saturday. The closest thing to a schedule I have is they want to do the retrieval at some point next week. Hopefully I'll find out a bit more today. Only two hours until my appointment.

Went pretty well! Definitely not fun, but totally manageable, and only lasted about 6-8 minutes. Feeling kinda crampy now, but nothing too bad. They got 13 eggs, so now the wait to find out how many fertilize and become embryos begins. Fingers crossed!

That's awesome! Hopefully you get lots of fertilized ones! Are you doing regular ivf or icsi? And a fresh or frozen transfer?

Fresh, but icsi. Hubby had to have a surgical sperm removal, and they only found 1 little swimmer. They're gonna do icsi with that one, and the rest with the donor sperm we had on backup

I'm glad you get at least one shot with his and that you have a back up plan in place already. This is all do exciting!

Hey guys! Update on me, went in for transfer on Monday. They transferred one excellent day 3 embies and let another grow to a day 5 blast and froze it. In the end, they found more of dh's swimmers and so both the one they transferred and the frostbite are his. Really hoping this one sticks!!!! Felt crampy up until today. Now just have a headache and feel like I'm coming down with something.

How is everyone else doing?

That's so great that they found more of his! I am on the way home from my retrieval at the moment. I *think* they said they got 8 eggs but I could be making that up. I'll know tomorrow how many fertilized and then I just have to wait since we're doing a frozen transfer. My fingers are still crossed for you that this one sticks.

Has anyone had a hysteroscopy done? If so, can you share your experience with me? I go for mine on 10-21-15 and I'm very nervous about the whole procedure. :shrug:

Thanks ahead of time for sharing your stories!!

Has anyone had a hysteroscopy done? If so, can you share your experience with me? I go for mine on 10-21-15 and I'm very nervous about the whole procedure. :shrug:

Thanks ahead of time for sharing your stories!!

It's definitely not the most pleasant thing they do, but it's nothing unbearable. For me it was like reeeeeeeeeally bad cramping but only lasted maybe five minutes max. Just make sure to take some pain killers about half and hour to an hour beforehand.

I'm going to have the Doc load me up on everything I can get.. lol!! I think I'm most nervous about what they might find. I hope my ol' uterus gets a clean bill of health, so I can start my DE IVF cycle ASAP!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->