First Time IVF - December 2014 - Looking for Buddies

Bella485

Reaction score
Hi friends,

My husband and I found out we couldn't conceive naturally back in late August. It was devastating. Now I am starting my injections tonight to begin the IVF process and we are looking at hopefully being pregnant by the end of December. It's scary and so costly and emotionally draining. We've kept it very confidential and our parents are the only people that know. Which makes it somewhat difficult because I have to sort of become anti social with friends since I can no longer drink etc. Plus emotionally the ups and downs with this have been exhausting and I kinda just want to relax and have me time. My husband has some sort of blockage which is the issue with us conceiving so understandably so, he's been wanting to keep this only between us and our parents. In some ways that makes it harder at times when I need someone to talk to and don't want to burden my parents. But overall I'm nervous/anxious/excited and I hope the injections go well and that this whole thing goes well and I have the greatest Christmas gift ever.
That's my story really in a nutshell. I just want some friends to connect with that are going through this too to know we're not alone and compare thoughts/fears/feelings etc. All that fun stuff. :) xoxo

Hi Bella, I am sorry to hear of your struggles.

I am not about to start an IVF but didn't want to read and run. We are on our 2nd cycle and I am currently 10dp3dt. However, I am sure there will be plenty of ladies on here that will be kicking off their cycle soon too.

I remember our first IVF a year ago, its incredibly scary because you have no idea what to expect but I have to say its not as bad as you think. The injections were fine, they don't hurt and you become a pro after a couple of times. Like you say its exciting, this could really be your time.

I understand why you want to keep this confidential, we told family and close friends the first time but no one knows about this cycle its helped me stay a bit more sane because I don't talk about. And I agree about being anti social, I am starting to run out of excuses to avoid alcohol but just remember if this works it will be all worth it.

Good luck with the cycle, what a great way to end the year with a big BFP. :flower:

Hi bella me and my hubby are in similar situation (all is fine with me but he has abnormal count-they thought due to a blockage until some investigation into his medical past - un descended testicles when born is what they say caused it!!)
I started my down reg injections two weeks ago and started my stims last night so we are a bit ahead of you. Hope all is going well!!
Oh yeah also we have told a few people (our parents/ my colleagues and friends and other close friends) the amount of support from my friends and colleagues is unbelievable and I wish I had told them sooner (my friends were sad I hadn't told them before but they understood and I can be as un-sociable as I like and they know why, it's made my life so much easier!!)

Hi bella,

I will be starting stims tomorrow (Nov 23) and aiming for retrieval on Dec 4. This is my second IVF so I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. We do have some frozen embies but decided on a fresh cycle so that we could do PGS this time.

What meds are you on?

Hi Bella :) Hubby and I have been through 2 stim cycles and a frozen transfer. We have had a failed cycle, miscarriage and a success. Will be doing another frozen transfer earlier next year. Happy to be a person for support as you go through. It is a tough road. Ask us all as many questions and vent. I know I needed to when we did it. :hugs:

I am starting meds monday...I would have been on your schedule, but they found a polyp which I had removed with no issue on Tues. I am very excited to get started. We are also doing PGS. Hopefully we will see those 2 lines by Christmas!

Hi!
I'm also having IVF in December. Started Menopur injections on November 28th. I went this morning for training of second injection so am now on two injections a day.
Aiming for egg collection on the 10th December.

How are you all feeling?
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"