First time IVF Jan/Feb

ILoveme29

Reaction score
Hello ladies I'm writing this post because the closer I get to the date the more anxious and nervous I'm getting. First a little background I've been TTC since Oct. 2014 with no success. I've done so many iui's I've lost count. So this is what it comes down too.

If possible can you ladies share your experiences or what meds etc. I am clueless but have been doing some research. I go to see my RE Wednesday to get my prescriptions and start my process for ivf. Thank you for all responses

Hi good luck with your cycle try not to worry I am terrible with needles and pain lol & nearly chickened out at my consultation seeing it all there in front of me but I'm a week into my 3rd cycle now it looks worse than it actually is it's amazing what you can do when you want something so desperately the fear kinda goes out of the window you just become overcome with the desire to proceed with it all what date do you start? X

Thank u very much Liovec and wishing you the best of luck this cycle. Is this going to be your third ivf cycle? And what meds do you take I'm still confused about it all been trying to get an idea of what to expect. I have my appointment tomorrow to find out if my insurance approves me for it I'm suppose to be granted 3 in a lifetime. If not I guess I will try iui again but with injectables.

Thank you I hope this is my cycle too I feel I've done my bit now lol you have to have a sense of humour with this or it will drive you insane! Yes my 3rd ivf cycle one fresh and this is my second frozen cycle I'm on metformin burserlin baby apsprin folic acid clexane cyclogest & prognoyva I probably spelt them all completely wrong lol oh fingers crossed for you that is the case as ivf is rather pricey but totally worth every penny when it works which I'm sure it will for both of us x

Hey Iloveme. Nice to see you again! I started Jan too and this is my first Ivf also. We are doing suprefact morning and night. Menopur 150 morning and gonal f 300 night. It's not horrible. So far I am on day 13 of stims. I am a late responder. (Lucky me). I also take low dose aspirin, uniquinol coq10, vitamin d and prenatal. I am just hoping for fat healthy strong eggs. My lining isn't thickening like they want so this might end up being a freeze all cycle if we are lucky enough to get good fertilization. We don't have any insurance coverage so this is a fund all cycle and will probably be our only one. I am just praying it works so we can finally have our baby.

@liovec you sure do need a sense of humor. Hopefully third time is a charm for you.

@s_secret good luck to you this cycle. I know it's very difficult to get coverage sadly.

I got the best news today my insurance approved my IVF I could cry I'm so happy. I've been trying for years and I won't give up. Just praying this is it. I will see exactly what meds protocol I will be on tomorrow.

Hope everythings gone well for your consult! Ivf is definitely a crazy road, praying that it is a smooth sail for you <3

Thank u K.N

Well AF has started today. I'm waiting on my dr's call to tell me what to do I can't believe I'm finally doing this.

@secret how was everything for you?

Oh I am 3dp5dt and I am a crazy person! Trying very hard not to symptom spot and to just be normal but there is obviously so many emotions invested so it's hard.

You excited to start?

@secret I am very excited.. I start my meds tonight gonal f and menopur
How many embryos did you transfer? And did u have any to freeze?

Yes we had two to freeze and we transferred on little babe. 5dp5dt today...

@Secret so exciting wat day did they say you can test?

I tested 3dp5dt and there was still a faint trigger line. Tested last night and stark white. Feel really down today so not sure if I will bother testing tonight. Based on everything I have googled little embie should be fully implanted 5dp5dt and body should start secreting hcg 6dp5dt. So maybe I will test tomorrow. Maybe the next day I am not sure. Beta is the 13th

Secret, did you test out your trigger?

I didn't start to see my tests go positive until what I assume to be 11dpo (based on egg retrieval). I did a 4 day transfer on 3 embryos that were very slow growers (a full day behind in growth). And one stuck!

Wishing you all the very best. This journey is a long one. :hugs:

Yes I did test out the trigger. I assume that's what I saw at 3dp5dt. I had a 5aa blast that was already hatching that went in. I am not going to torture myself today. I may test tomorrow. Not sure

Oh exciting Secret; I am 5 days past my 5 day transfer aswell! I had a stark white test too this morning, so you're not alone! My Beta is the 12th :)

Hope things are going good for you iloveme!! <3

I'm keeping positive vibes and prayers you ladies have positive test tomorrow or day after fx.

Sticking myself wasn't as bad as I thought.. being a lab tech thankfully made it much easier to do and cope with. I go in Friday for a scan to see my progress.

Just an update did my retrieval today of 25 eggs waiting to see how many fertilize. Procedure was not bad just dealing with cramping so far

That's awesome! Congrats. I hope lots fertilize

I'm hoping I get a call with good news. Due to hyper stimulating I'm going to transfer in two weeks when AF comes.

How is everything with you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->