First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

ERosePW

Reaction score
The title of this thread is totally outdated, but the thread is still going strong, so I thought I'd update this front page. We have some great girls on here at different stages of IVF, and its a great support group. We also have some success stories, and we're just hoping each and every one of us get our BFPs very soon. Feel free to join if you want to chat, have questions, or just need some support. :)

Transfers
terripeachy - Just hanging out and being fabulous. :)

Our Successes
moni77 - Fresh 8/22/14 -:bfp: on 8/31/14 via beta (9dp5dt) :blue: Oliver Max born 4/7/15!
JCM - Fresh 9/15/14 - :bfp: on 9/22/14 on HPT (7dp5dt) :pink: Charli born 5/28/15!
Babywhisperer - Fresh 11/12/14 - :bfp: on 11/18/14 on HPT (6dp5dt) :pink: Emma born 7/17/15!
kfs1 - Fresh - 11/11/14 - :bfp: on 11/21/14 via beta (9dp5dt) :yellow: Adeline Ellene born 8/4/15!
ERosePW - FET - 12/9/14 - :bfp: on 12/13/14 on HPT (4dp6dt) :blue: Owen Steven born 8/10/15!
jkb11 - FET - 1/8/15 - :bfp: on 1/13/15 on HPT (5dp6dt) :pink: Ellie Mae born 9/15!
beaglemom - FET - 1/29/15 - :bfp: on 2/3/15 on HPT (5dp6dt) :blue: Derek Cooper born 10/26/15!
sars930 - Fresh - 1/29/15 - :bfp: on 2/3/15 on HPT (5dp5dt) :yellow: Brian Christopher born 10/16/15!
booger76 - FET - 2/23/15 - :bfp: on 2/29/15 on HPT (6dp6dt) :pink: Piper June born 11/20/15!
MrsL4 - Fresh - 6/13/15 - :bfp: on 6/21/15 on HPT (8dp5dt) :pink:
KrissyB - FET - 8/21/15 - :bfp: on 8/27/15 on HPT (6dp5dt) :pink: Dorothy Mae born 5/2/16!
LadySosa - FET- 8/28/15 - :bfp: on 9/8/15 via beta (11dp6dt) :pink: Camila born 4/26/16!
brighteyez73 - FET - 11/17/15 - :bfp: on 11/22/15 on HPT (5dp5dt)
Amy1976 - FET - 12/17/15 - :bfp: on 12/24/15 on HPT (7dp5dt) :twingirls:

Hi Erin!

I am still hoping to go the IUI route. But I have an appt with my dr on Monday to see what she thinks.

I have had 3 clomid cycles with IUI timed using opks & 1 fully medicated with femara, follistim, & a trigger IUI...all BFN. I had to take this past cycle off for schedule conflicts. If the dr is okay with it, I plan to do 2 more medicated IUIs then move on to IVF. So within 3 cycles, I hope to be pregnant!

Have you guys discussed how many eggs to transfer? That part makes me nervous. Are you doing ICSI? I am so curious about the process. Another reason for my appt is to find out what steps I need to take to move on to IVF as well as talking to the financial counselor. I do not want any delays if my 3rd medicated IUI fails.

GOOD LUCK! This is so exciting for you!

Hey ERose and hi beaglemom. I see you posting, but have never posted directly to you.

I'm doing my second medicated IUI this Saturday, but am planning to move to IVF immediately afterwards, and I'm with you....I don't want any delays if this IUI fails. I am 40, and ttc#1 (since August 2013), so I don't have a lot of time to be missing cycles because I am unprepared.

All I know for now is that I have to go on BCP for three weeks once I find out the IUI doesn't work. It's crazy because I have vacation planned on July 03, and my blood test is on June 30. I'm going to be taking HPTs prior to my blood test so that I can order the meds I need and get them before I head out to TX for vacation. This month is going to be a busy one for me, so hopefully the TWW will pass by pretty quickly.

Anyway, that's my intro and I'll be following along. Not sure that I'll post much until IVF time, but I wanted to at least post so it's on my "subscribed" thread list.

So happy you girls joined. :) If either of you end up needing IVF, it'll be so nice to have girls to talk to specifically about it.

Beaglemom, as of now, we aren't doing ICSI. She said she doesn't see a need for us to do it. Her reasoning was because I was PG in Dec, so she feels like penetration of the egg isn't the issue. It's weird though, because DH and I assumed we'd do ICSI anyway, for better chances. She said it's totally our choice, but she doesn't feel ICSI will be necessary. She also stated that she likes to let things happen as natural as possible. I was thinking...we're sitting here talking about IVF, and you're using the word "natural"? Lol. So anyway, no ICSI for now, BUT they said there's something called "rescue ICSI" so if they see the eggs aren't getting penetrated, they'll go ahead and do ICSI before the egg dies. That made me feel a lot better. As for the amount of embryos, we'll transfer 2. This center doesn't do more than 2 unless they have a real good reason, like previous failed IVFs. But I wouldn't have done 3 anyway. I'd be happy with twins, but not so much with triplets, lol! So we'll just hope and pray that one of the 2 will take!

Yea, terri, you'll want to get the meds ordered so you don't have any glitches, especially if you're going out of town. Oh and I remember you saying your DH was actually interested in the package when you got your IUI meds....well if he was interested in that one, just wait until he sees this one (if you even need it of course!). Craziest package I ever received, full of syringes, separate needles, vials, alcohol wipes, that dial-a-dose pen thingy, some pills, and more syringes! Although since you'd do a BCP lead-in, I'm not sure if you'd need Lupron. But it's still a helluva package! :haha:

That all makes sense. I am curious about ICSI since we have issues with the boys...but we could have a penetration issue...no way to know really. I am not sure how many I would do. 2 seems fine but then all my mind says is what if they both take & 1 splits! But we will just have to see when we get there. I don't really think I should have to do 2 since I don't seem to have any issues & also still young.

I have seen people talk about frozen vs fresh. What is all that about? I thought you always did fresh after the retrieval. I thought frozen was for if the 1st didn't take & using the ones frozen after 1st retrieval.

I know that if I get to the IVF point, I will be so nervous. I am getting nervous typing all this!

I am sure with transferring 2, you are sure to get a positive first try ;)

I don't know the answer to frozen vs. fresh except some people said that after retrieval, freezing them gives your body a chance to recover from the retrieval and you can probably time things when you want them. :shrug:

Given the chance, I'm putting two back in and saving some for additional cycles. Plus, I think it's a lot cheaper to pay for storage than to go through the whole process again with meds and injections. This is what I've gleaned from :ninja: these other threads.

Beaglemom- I am fine but my hubs has low count as well, so we're in the same boat.

Hi ladies! Wanted to pop in here. We just had our third medicated IUI today but if this one doesn't stick we are moving to IVF. I have so many questions and am so overwhelmed by the while process. We are leaving the country next week so when we get back I'll have to start BC right away if I'm not preggo. I think I might call the doc tomorrow and see if she can squeeze us in to explain the process to us a bit more - it's so overwhelming. Anyways I've timed it out and it looks like transfer would be early August. Hoping to not have to go this route but would love to walk beside you ladies!

Welcome Emi, thanks for joining! Although I hope you, as well as beagle and terri, end up not even needing it! :flower: Fxd!!!

My RE said that recent studies are starting to show that frozen has better success rates, by a very small percentage. I can't recall what the % was, but it wasn't that significant, so my RE said she intended on just doing a fresh transfer with us, unless she sees something on ultrasound that would change her mind. We were happy w/ that since we want to get on top of this and not lose a cycle. Like terri, DH and I planned on fresh transfer and then just using the remaining embies for a frozen transfer for the next cycle if the fresh cycle is unsuccessful.

Oh, and beagle, I think it's extremely rare for IVF embies to split. Not sure why that is, but from what I've read, they say it's super uncommon. BUT, it certainly can happen, and has happened! I had gotten really curious about how octomom ended up supposedly shocked when she had 8. She originally stated that 6 were implanted and that two had split (I guess she thought that sounded less immoral than the real story!). But as it turned out, it came out in her RE's malpractice hearing that he had actually implanted 12 embryos, and 8 of them took! Crazy, right?? My clinic will only do 1 if you're under 37 (unless there are extenuating circumstances). If you're over 37 (I'll be 38 next month), she gives you an option of 1-2. But every RE is different.

There's my homie! Hey Emi! I hope this third cycle works for you.

I am about to do my second tomorrow, but I'm only doing two IUIs. I hate feeling so defeated with regards to all this stuff. Maybe I can ask them to just put a full on baby in my belly and hope it grows to term. HA!!HA!!

Hi ladies, Hope you don't mind me joining in. Not at IVF stage yet. Just did IUI#2 on Tuesday and now in 2ww. 13 more days til my Beta. Hubby and I have decided one more IUI (injectables, trigger, fully monitored that's all my RE does, Love my Doc) and then onto one shot at IVF. I am 44 TTC#1 so no time to waste. No known issues for either of us, my numbers are super young, SA for him outstanding so who the heck knows....Anyhow, on the odd chance this one doesn't stick and we do move on I'd lke to watch this space. Rose, you are right about the "package" so overwhelming at first with needles, vials, pills not to mention scans with the dildo cam but you'll adjust. Soon you will be a pro junkie like me, shooting up like a champ. lol Terri, I have seen your posts in different threads on here and absolutely love your positive attitude and humor, and keep hoping to see your bfp! best of luck and lots of :dust: to you all and I'll be around. Thanks, Kelly

Hi Kelly (ClaireCath)!
Thanks..everyone says that about me, which I think is just bizarre that my attitude comes out in my posts. I guess I just have a way with words. :wacko: HA!!HA!!

I hope you don't have to go down the IVF route either, but it just makes sense to be realistic about all this stuff, ya know? My rose colored glasses were thrown away when I was 30! Just kidding. I still have them on top of my head and choose to use them when necessary.

I guess we'll catch up with you in a couple weeks, and if you don't update over here, I'm always reading the posts at >35. hee hee.

Hi Kelly, of course you can join us! I actually had an IUI this cycle too. It's IUI#2. I was just anxious to get the IVF process started so that if I got a bfn this cycle, it wouldn't feel quite as devastating, and I didn't want to waste anymore time. My RE started me on the Lupron and assured me it wouldn't affect anything if I did get prego, as it would be WAY to early. To give me peace of mind though, they did a beta on Mon. It was neg w/ only 2.37, which was probably still remnants of the trigger shot, so they had me continue the Lupron so I'd be good and ready to keep going. I should get AF this weekend sometime.

Funny you mention feeling like a pro at these injections! I already feel the same, ha! Lupron is every day, and instead of an evening shot, it's between 6-8am. So I'm half sleepy-eyed when I do it. It's become second nature at this point, lol. What I sorta dread is when the STIMs start, because that's 3 different shots! But I'm ready. It'll be a lot, but DH and I figure its better than putting my body through more IUI meds for another few months if I'm gonna end up at IVF anyway in the end.

Like you, my numbers are young and tests are fine, and DH's sperm count and motility are great. My estrogen is a TAD high (which they said could cause the spotting I get before AF, but they're not sure and not concerned). She said it's still within their preferred range and not elevated enough to cause any fertility issues. I also got prego in Dec, so it's just a mystery! :wacko:

Erin, with my shots on IUI it ended up I could not let my husband do it...it freaked me out...but I was okay doing it myself...not sure how I feel about an AM shot...I already rush as it is in the morning...I would probably forget it! Makes me think I would need my own stash of meds at work.

Erin, with my shots on IUI it ended up I could not let my husband do it...it freaked me out...but I was okay doing it myself...not sure how I feel about an AM shot...I already rush as it is in the morning...I would probably forget it! Makes me think I would need my own stash of meds at work.

I couldn't let my hubs do mine either, lol. I just feel like I have more control if I do it myself. The morning shot isn't TOO bad for me, because I don't roll into work until around 9am. But like you, I'm still rushing (how sad is that??). I do the shot at 7:45-8:00 and then I'm having to jump straight in the shower. I'm not a super awesome morning person, lol. I work at home every Friday though, so those days aren't as bad.

Hi everyone! Just checking in...i'm super bloated after my second IUI. I was bloated the first time, but I could hardly walk yesterday evening. I looked like a :jo: creeping out of the car yesterday for dinner. HA!!HA!! I'm a mess. I even had to change sundresses because my first dress looked like I was 3 months pregnant (maybe? HA!!HA!! I'm not sure what that really looks like, but that's how I felt).

Hopefully this will be the last, but with a 2M count, I'm not feeling very positive. I did test my trigger today and yay! BFP. HA!!HA!! I'm not testing again until closer to the 30th. The "not pregnant" phone call didn't work out so well for me last month. :(

Have a great day today and don't forget to call your dads! I think we're all TTC#1, right? Kelly, I can't remember how many you have, if any.

Thought I'd update. Still waiting for some sign of AF. No cramping or my typical spotting at all, and both of those pre-AF symptoms have always started for me by now. I POAS this morning just to be sure, but neg, so I have a feeling the Lupron is going to delay AF. My RE said that with the dose I'm on, most women will get AF, but sometimes not. So if no AF by tomorrow morning, they'll do a beta (just as a precaution), and then dial back the dose of Lupron and AF should arrive shortly after. I really want it to get here, because I'd like to keep as close to our original timeline as possible.

After AF, they do the endometrial biopsy, which I dread....I've heard it's very painful. But whatever they need to do, I'm on board! I think I also start STIMs after AF too. Still hoping for the June 28th egg retrieval date, as I'd like to stay on track with the transfer being in those first few days of July.

Hi everyone! Just checking in...i'm super bloated after my second IUI. I was bloated the first time, but I could hardly walk yesterday evening. I looked like a :jo: creeping out of the car yesterday for dinner. HA!!HA!! I'm a mess. I even had to change sundresses because my first dress looked like I was 3 months pregnant (maybe? HA!!HA!! I'm not sure what that really looks like, but that's how I felt).

Hopefully this will be the last, but with a 2M count, I'm not feeling very positive. I did test my trigger today and yay! BFP. HA!!HA!! I'm not testing again until closer to the 30th. The "not pregnant" phone call didn't work out so well for me last month. :(

Have a great day today and don't forget to call your dads! I think we're all TTC#1, right? Kelly, I can't remember how many you have, if any.

Hi terri!! I sure know that bloated feeling all too well, lol! I'm excited for this IUI for you, and hoping you don't even need to go on to IVF! I know you've got that sperm count on your mind, but many women have gotten PG through IUI with less than that! And wasn't his motility stellar?? So stay positive! Did you mention to your RE that you want to jump on IVF if the IUI doesn't work?

Terri, I just went back to the other thread and read your DH's motility....99%! A-ma-zing. 2M sperm that are swimming straight and being injected as close to those tubes as they can get, still gives you a good chance, so I'm thinking positive for you!

I'm a mystery.... 113M sperm with 88% motility and two eggs... W..T..F? But my RE said it's just like anything else. A couple just starting out with regular intercourse still usually takes a few months to conceive. It's the same thing with IUI... You try something new, and it could take a few months too. I bet if I'd tried another couple of rounds, I would've gotten PG, especially since we conceived in Dec without IUI. We just weren't willing to keep rolling the dice any longer, just in case.

True, the 99% makes me happy, but still. I won't be totally happy until I see two lines. :)

I bet the Lipton ( ha ha autocorrect lupron) is delaying your AF. I took progesterone last time and my cycle took exactly a month. I don't know how people with long cycles deal. Waiting and waiting for something to happen would drive me crazy. I guess if that was the norm, I'd adjust. :shrug:

The odds for everyone are just so completely random. I did not talk to the RE on Saturday because they were really running behind and I had a moto. ride so I needed to skedaddle. I will call this week and schedule an appt. or class or whatever I need. The next few weeks are going to be super busy for me with vacation, work and my officer duties for my club.

Well my last cycle on Femara was 29 days, so technically I wouldn't start until tomorrow, and since I triggered a day later, I don't know if that would make a difference... The strange thing was that I haven't spotted at all, and I always spot a few days prior to AF. BUT I finally started cramping about thirty min ago, so hoping I start in the morning. And maybe the Lipton (love that, ha!), just kept me from spotting. I'm so ready to move on to the next step! Hope you enjoyed your ride!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->