• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

First time IVF - starting next cycle. Looking for buddies

Leeze

Mum and TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm back to BnB after a break. Been TTC number 2 for 3 long years. We've both had lots of tests and all came back ok except I've got thin womb lining and quite light periods. I had an hysteroscopy today and the consultant said it was the most excessive scarring he'd ever seen. He's removed it now, and AF is due in a couple of days. I've got to take some oestrogen tablets and progesterone tablets this cycle, with a view to starting the IVF cycle end Aug/start Sept. I've just turned 44 and OH is 52. We're self-funding due to noT meeting eligibility criteria for IVF. I'd love some buddies to share the journey with. First timers and those with experience too. All welcomed! I'm also going for acupuncture and have a lovely acupuncturist who is very helpful and full of great lifestyle and nutrition advice too.

I go in for a reconsult with my re next Tuesday with AF due Wednesday. Hoping for a green light to do our first IVF. Ill join you :)

I could join you. My ivf is due to start next week. I too took a break from ticks....you'll see from when I first joined the site that it has been a long long journey for myself. I'm still ttc baby number 1.

We too have gone private because I've had to lose some weight (it's off now) to get on nhs and I wasn't keen to wait another 6 months. I'm 31 and apparently I've a high follicle count so I'm a high risk of ov3r stimulation which means I will be closely monitored. All my Meds arrived at the weekend so I'm ready to start with my next cycle.

Good luck on your journey.

Hello ladies!

DH and I are starting our first round of IVF next week (hopefully). Going in for my base scan on Wednesday. We've been TTC for a year and a half now. We got the green light last week while on vacation, and were sped up by a cycle because I'm on BCP (we knew we were doing IVF, and my cycles were getting longer and longer, although I don't have PCOS) RE has said I have a high follicle count, and am risk to hyperstimulate, so they'll be monitoring me like a hawk.

We're self-funding as well. Luckily my MIL has quite a bit saved up and has offered to help us out with costs. This will be grandbaby no. 9 for her, and DH and I are the only ones who have struggled TTC. It'll be grandbaby no. 1 on my side of the family. Good luck everyone!

Sounds like we will be going through it all at a similar time. Keep us updated and the best of luck!

Waiting at my REs office now, hopefully Ill be joining you ladies!

Approved and given a green light. Starting birth control today, going to be 450 fsh and micro hcg. I should know more later today. Woohoo!

Oh thats fab news for you. It sounds like it's done differently there than in the UK. Mine starts with a scan between day 1-3 and then the injections which I'm a bit nervous about tbh.

Wishing you all the best.

Im nervous for injections too...im sure someone here has experience and can put our minds at ease?!

I go in for my baseline scan BEFORE AF even gets here.... I'm supposed to start injections on CD2. That's so weird. I'm nervous about the injections as well, especially considering I'll have to do one of them by myself during work hours. No DH there to help!

See I'm still debating what time to do my injections because I'm on holidays from work atm and if I want hubby to be around in case I can't do them then I'll need to set my alarm for 6:30am but I figured I may be half asleep. It's the second set of injections I'm most concerned about...but I'm just going to keep thinking of the end result.

My baseline scan should be Monday if my cycle goes like clockwork and that's the day I'll start injecting too.

I've been told my cetrotide has to be taken at 1pm. It's frustrating because its just after lunch. I wish I could choose what time to take it. I'll probably do the other injections (I think they have me on gonal-f 75 and menopur 125) first thing when I wake up in the morning (about 6:30 am).

Edit: just checked my paperwork. I'm on Gonal-F 125 iu and Luveris 75 iu

I've been told my cetrotide has to be taken at 1pm. It's frustrating because its just after lunch. I wish I could choose what time to take it. I'll probably do the other injections (I think they have me on gonal-f 75 and menopur 125) first thing when I wake up in the morning (about 6:30 am).

Edit: just checked my paperwork. I'm on Gonal-F 125 iu and Luveris 75 iu

I'm on gonal 150iu with a possible step up depending on scans. Because I'm high risk they'll scan me every other day from day 9 onwards.

The bumped me up to 150 after this mornings baseline. I think they're having me come in starting day 7 of stims, and then every other day after that. I'm high-risk for OHSS.

The bumped me up to 150 after this mornings baseline. I think they're having me come in starting day 7 of stims, and then every other day after that. I'm high-risk for OHSS.

What did the baseline show? That's interesting...I'm exactly the same.

My lining was a little thin, it was sitting at 5.54mm. Other than that my baseline showed everything was just fine; no cysts, bloodwork came back fine, so I think that's why. Only the RE would know for sure though.

Eek....day 1 is today as I'm in full flow and they've booked me in for my baseline scan at 10:20 this morning as they had no appointments left for Monday!

Woohoo! Good luck!

AFM: picked up meds last night. The first bit of it cost $1550! Why is Gonal-F so bloody expensive?! Nurse went over the injections with me and I am a bit nervous to be doing it myself! It's a lot of needles! I'm worried I'm going to do something wrong.

Procedure has also been paid for. Since we're doing ICSI it came to a grand total of $8750. Yeeesh. Really hoping I don't get OHSS and they can do the transfer this cycle...

Yeah it soon all tots up...I was shocked with the costs we paid for all our bloods at the start.

Abennion I'm sure you'll be fine once you get underway but I remember that feeling from when I was shown...when do you need to start the Gonal?
Scan went well I've got about 16 follicles in one side and 12 in the other and was told that was a good thing because although I'm high risk of over stimulation it's not' too high a number.'

Lots of scans booked in starting next Saturday and then every other day after that for the week after. Quite excited to get going now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"