First-Time Mom Jitters

WestCoastMom

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I just found out I was pregnant this week! (I don't really know how far a long I am...based on my ov, i think the due date is around oct 26?) I have been alternating between cloud-nine excitement and crippling worry. This is my first pregnancy ever, no idea what to expect. My period was supposed to come on Tuesday...its Friday and nothing else. PG tests keep getting darker, slowly, but ive been POAS every day.

But I haven't had many symptoms, and I really can't say I feel much different. I had sore boobs pretty much since after ov, but they've diminished with the BFP and this morning they are completely gone! I could barely sleep with them before, now its nothing...They might be slightly fuller but not much. Also, I am getting mild to moderate AF-like cramps...but off and on. Those are my only symptoms.

I could really use some advice or reassurance. I know I need to relax, and i'm trying to be very zen, but --clearly--am failing.

Thank you!!!!!

Congratulations! I was exactly the same, I didn't really get a lot of symptoms until about 6-7 weeks I think. It's also completely normal for symptoms to come and go, there one day gone the next. Just take one day at a time! That's all you can do! I had to wait until I was 12 weeks for a scan too, so I didn't even believe I was pregnant for ages lol!

Just take things as they come, don't try and force yourself not to worry, acknowledge the feelings as they come and then move on.

H and H nine months to you :)

Hey sweetie, congratulations!!! :wohoo:

Symptoms can come and go, especially sore breasts. I remember with my first pregnancy my boobs would hurt badly one day and then feel like nothing ever happened the next. Cramping is also totally normal, as long as its not extremely painful like you can barely move followed by period like bleeding.

I did not actually start to develop full blown symptoms until I was 8-10 weeks pregnant with my first. I am almost 6 weeks with my 2nd and still no symptoms yet.

FTM here as well and we were not planning on getting pregnant, so I can understand the jitters! The first week and weekend we knew about the pregnancy, we were pretty much freaking out the whole time. We eventually got over that and are now very excited to welcome the little guy to the world in about 8 weeks. But yeah, we needed a freak out period first.

Also, my only symptoms for all of first tri were sore boobs and cramps. I never progressed to morning sickness and the cramps were constant. Just try to stay positive, which is easier said than done I'm afraid.

And congratulations on your pregnancy!!

Your feeling and symptoms (or lack there of) are totally normal! All I did the first trimester is worry about a symptom meaning the worst and if it went away I worried about that too lol :dohh: I swear I spent the whole first trimester waiting anxiously to feel every symptom and the whole third trimester wishing they'd just go away haha. This forum is really nice to bounce your questions and concerns off of and I think using the search tool to read past similar threads is my favorite when I want to know something.

I won't bother to tell you not to worry because you will but things you can do are taking your prenatals, drinking lots of water, eating right, and trying to stay active (you'll thank yourself when labor arrives).

Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

What exactly are you worried about? If it's things like childbirth, taking care of baby after he/she is here then that is perfectly normal. If you're worried/not sure if you want to stay pregnant, you have options :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->