First time mom postpartum care

Magicbabydust

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is in the right place or not so sorry. I will be having my baby in the next few weeks and I am not sure about healing afterwards. I have always had very heavy very painful periods that lasted for weeks so I was put on birth control. I have tried dozens of different kinds of birth control over the years and I have only found one way to deal with my horrible bleeding. I dont have a period. I finish taking the last active pills and start taking next packets active pills without skipping for a period. If I did let my period start it would take two weeks of active pills to get the bleeding stopped. Thats also including the horrible pain I had that came with the bleeding that no over counter pain meds would help. I havent had a period(except when trying to get pregnant and I still had to use birth control with doctors guidance to get bleeding stopped) in years. What is a good kind of pad to buy for post partum bleeding? How long after I deliver can I resume my previous birth control? It is a combo pill(progestin only pills dont stop bleeding). Also due to medical and personal reasons I will not be breastfeeding and would like suggestions for drying my milk. I have been told tight binding works but am unsure if it really does. Please anyone advise me on how to handle these things. I plan to talk to my doctor of course but I would like personal experiences as well. Thank you.

Hi there! I just used supermarket own maternity pads and they were pretty good even with heavy bleeding. I can't remember off hand how soon after birth you can start the pill but I think it's fairly soon after. You'll get info leaflets on birth control from the hospital (you do in UK anyway...not sure if you're UK too?)

Good luck with the baby! Hope your periods don't give you bother afterwards too. Have you tried the implant? I know it can make periods worse but for me the first time I had it in my periods were lighter, shorter and less painful and stayed that way after it was removed. Not sure how this new one is gonna work yet!

I found the best maternity pads to be morrisons own think sanitary towels! They were better (and softer) than specific maternity ones :)

As for the milk, the best thing to do is just leave it, it'll probably hurt but if you express to relieve the pressure it'll stimulate the supply. Although saying that I was trying to express for my baby but it still dried up in about 2 Weeks...

Also, I've heard that having a baby can actually make periods less painful :) it happened to my Mum :)

Ooh and another random bit of advice, if you year during labour put as much sudocrem as humanly possible on it :)

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->