first time mommies!!!

ale

Reaction score
how long were you in labor for and how many weeks were you when you went into labor?? i hear first time mommies are in labor for a long time and they go into labor really later or maybe even overdue!! i dont want to be like that :cry:

Id like to know this too.. I have two friends one who gave birth two weeks early and the other four weeks early. Both labours seemed to be around the 6 hour mark. I'm keeping this in mind to stay positive my LO wont be over due nor a horrible long labour. Another however was two weeks overdue and had a 32 hour labour.. Not such a nice thought

My son was born 42 hours after my waters broke, I don't know how many of those hours were classed as established labor, but I was getting mild contractions pretty much straight after waters went. I had an epidural after 30 hours so that probably prolonged it too. He was 8 days late.

oh gosh!!! i told my dr. to induce me at 37 weeks lol but he said they wouldnt let him induce anybody until 39 weeks which sucks!! but he said that im not going to make it until 39 weeks anyways... dnt know why he said that but i hope he's right

My friend was 41 weeks had a 4hr labour and a 5.1kg baby.

wow! i praise every mother that holds on 40 weeks plus! i cant even imagine being pregnant for more than 38 weeks lol

I went into labour at 40+2 had her 40+4 via a section... Birth story is in my signature

I was induced at 41 weeks and labor was 25 hours long!!!

I went into labor at 34+4 and was in labor for 14 hours, natural, just gas and air :flower:

My waters broke at 38+4 and he was born 12 hours later. I was in established labour for 3 hours!

my first was induced at 40+1 weeks and labour was 4hrs 33mins, she weighed 7lb 1.5oz, my 2nd was induced at 25+5 weeks as he had grown his wings and joined the angels. Labour was 4hrs 45mins and he weighed 1lb 9oz. I am being induced at at least 38 weeks on this one so we will see how long that one takes x

I just put this on another thread but my little girl was 3 days late by the NHS scan date and 3 days early by my LMP date, and my labour was 6 hours long (28 minutes from rupture of membranes to birth as well, and a 10 minute natural third stage)! So it's not all doom and gloom. :D

I was so gutted by the amount of people telling me stories about them/their wives/friends going 14 days over that when labour started I didn't even believe it until my MW examined me at home (DH thankfully realised I was in real labour and called her), found I was 5cm and sent me to the hospital!

I went into labour naturally at 39+2.

My labour was 12 hours from my first contraction to the birth, but the contractions were about 10 mins apart to start with.

They normally count the length of labour from when you reach "established labour", when you can't walk or talk through contractions, in which case it was 6 hours long. Trust me, the first half of the labour (before I reached established labour) was a piece of cake; it certainly didn't feel like 12 hours because I was walking aorund town and we went to Maccy D :haha:

40 mins from when my waters broke to hearing her cries :cloud9:

i was in first stage labout for 4 days with my first
took 4 days to get to 8cm then they eventually broke my waters on the night of the 15th may and he was eventually born early hours of the morning 16th may
so was in labour from 12th to 16th may :-/

Went into labour at 38 weeks and gave birth in 4 hours 25 mins xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"