First time OPK user

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
This is my first time using OPK. I chose not to temp due to crazy work schedule and chose to use OPK. Plus temping stressed me out. I need any and all advice please. My main concerns are: do you need to hold your urine to test? Does it matter what time of day you test? Is it better to test multiple times a day or just once a day or every other day? Does what you drink affect or dilute your hormones(I drink a lot of sweet tea and water)? Do I start testing as soon as AF is gone or do I wait a few days until I get closer to my fertile period? I will greatly appreciate any and all advice with this. :)

Hi

Im new to these myself and it's hard getting answers out of people in the opk section from my experience
But
I do know that I don't hold my pee, it's always the second pee of he day but the net recommends between 10&12 first opk and between 8&10 for second

This is what I am doing arm till I understand where I'm at in my cycle

I thought I was 9dpo but turns out I may just be ov today ! And had a sharp pain which could have been egg release!

My opk are getting stronger , started last week to take them and I have never had a blank one yet, but today they are gradually getting darker so I'm hoping tonight's is the strongest I have seen!
The result for it to be positive has to be equal or stronger than the control line

Any other and it's classed as a negative

Hope this helps some x

This is my first time using OPK. I chose not to temp due to crazy work schedule and chose to use OPK. Plus temping stressed me out. I need any and all advice please. My main concerns are: do you need to hold your urine to test? Does it matter what time of day you test? Is it better to test multiple times a day or just once a day or every other day? Does what you drink affect or dilute your hormones(I drink a lot of sweet tea and water)? Do I start testing as soon as AF is gone or do I wait a few days until I get closer to my fertile period? I will greatly appreciate any and all advice with this. :)

I am a poas addict and opks are my forte. To answer your questions:

1. It is advised to hold your urine 2-4 hours with some tests but I use Wondfos and the readings never seem affected much by drinking. If you have really low hormone levels, as in you never get a positive reading on an opk, it might be a different story.

2. It doesn't really matter what time of the day to test BUT it is advisable NOT to use FMU since it is the most concentrated and can give false results.

3. When I am actively trying to conceive I try to test 3 times a day: between 2-3 PM, again between 5-7 PM and once before bedtime. If you test every other day, you could miss your surge.

4. As long as you don't consume like a quart of liquid before testing, chances are that some drinking won't affect your test results much. In fact, it is important to keep hydrated while TTC.

5. I would start testing the day after AF is gone. This will ensure that you catch the rise to your fertile period.

Hope this helps and good luck! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->