First time poster. Advice appreciated :)

Me1issa08

Reaction score
Hi all!
I've spent the last several months stalking multiple TTC forums...
I think I'm finally ready to make a post of my own.

I came off BC July 19th. Was on the pill for 8+ years...
DH and I married August 9th and went on honeymoon. Planned on TTC right away.

1st cycle July 25th – September 1st (39 days)
lots of trying this cycle, but didn't really know when ovulation was supposed to happen​
2nd cycle September 2nd – October 11th (40 days)
Positive OPK 9/30. Charted my BBT and it was all over the place​
3rd cycle October 12th – November 8th (28 days)
Not sure? AF only lasted 2 days. Had some questions about my short AF and long cycles so I saw my reg. doctor. She basically told me I was still young (24) and shouldn't worry about it until we have been trying at least a year. She questioned if I even wanted kids by asking if I spent time around kids (I'm a teacher... duh) and I just got a real negative vibe from her. She was kind of rude about it. Temps were still real strange.​
4th cycle November 9th – December 14th (36 days)
Positive OPK 11/28. At this point, DH wanted me to see my OBGYN. She basically told me to throw out the bbt charting and OPK's, lose some weight, and come see her in April if we still weren't pregnant.​
5th cycle December 15th - ? (CD 40)
Still used my OPKs because I had some left. Blinking smile on OPK 1/7-11... never got the solid smilie.​
I'm now on CD 40 and took a cheapie HPT and got a BFN. I am roughly 10-11 DPO (I think) so I know it is pretty early still. DH is really bummed (even more than me!). I know its not over until AF shows...

Just wondering if anyone has any advice or are in the same boat as me and had some positive feedback? I guess at this point I'm just waiting till Sunday to test again, and then not again for a week or so if I still don't get anything.

If no BFP this cycle, I guess I'm just going to kind of float on until my Dr's appointment on April 1st... meh.

Hi there. It took my cycle awhile to adjust after going off the pill fall of 2013. It may just take a but for that.
I actually prefer bbt because it's a definite way to serif you are ovulating. The opks can help but aren't a guarantee. It can be stressful though if doing the temp daily bugs you.
Hope you get your BFP soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->