First time pregnancy and fear of Ectopic Pregnancy?!

lam12nmayb3

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This is my first pregnancy. I got my first ever positive test on Friday, Feb 23. I called my doctor, but turns out they can't see me until I'm a full 6 weeks, so they can't see me until March 12. Since then, I've taken different pregnancy tests (probably a total of 5) and they all came out positive. I'm not spotting, but I feel slight cramps that come and go, I feel bloated, I feel like I have indigestion, and I've been peeing WAY more than I normally do.
But considering my appt isn't until the 12th, I'm going crazy by myself.

I don't think there's a possibility I could have a false positive. But I did read something about Ectopic Pregnancies? I don't have any of the typical symptoms of ectopic pregnancies...but sometimes I get a real quick jab on the side of my ribs...(which is similar to the feeling I get when I have gas or indigestion). I feel like I'm being paranoid over nothing (which is what my husband is saying...) But for experienced moms out there, what is your experience with ectopic pregnancies?

For the most part, my symptoms are pretty easy going with the occasional sense of nausea and indigestion.

Any advice would welcomed!

Our situations are similar. I found out on the 24th, have midwife on 12th march, and I worry too.
I did speak to my doc though and he said etopics are generally on one side and super painful to the point you can't do anything and it doesn't really stop.
So any other pains is just your body getting used to the new sensation :)

Ive not had one but ectopic pain isn’t normally by your ribs, it’s a lot lower - similar to ovarian pain ish. I’ve had ovarian pain, and cramping and stretching pains with this pregnancy which according to everyone are normal symptoms, and baby is doing fine.
Your symptoms sound great, honestly you don’t need to worry unless you bleed red blood, with or without pain, and even then it’s often absolutely fine. I know it’s really hard to relax but try and enjoy it.

If I could go back in time and tell myself one thing it would be to NOT google as much as I did haha. I caused myself sooooo much unnecessary worry by looking up anything and everything. Ectopic pregnancies can happen, but generally only in 1% of pregnancies, and they’re more common in women who have had one already - so it’s even less than 1% for people who have never had one. That means you have more than a 99% chance of not having an ectopic.
I also believe they are very painful, and are usually accompanied by red and heavy bleeding.
Congrats on your pregnancy!

All of your responses have been so helpful! We are waiting to tell our close family and friends until after we find out for sure. (then telling everyone else after 13 weeks). So it's been extremely difficult to hold all my questions to myself! This forum has been so helpful thanks to you guys!

Your symptoms sound exactly like my first symptoms for this pregnancy and mine is definitely not ectopic, hope that helps!
Congratulations on your little bean!! :D

You have to be really unlucky to have an ectopic pregnancy...trust me. With ecotpic pregnancies your hcg doesnt rise normally. Mine was detected from blood tests. But...you have to be really unlucky!

I've had an ectopic and I had bleeding around 7 weeks which I then went for a scan and was told I had miscarried. I then had no further bleeding or pain until I 'woul have been' 13 weeks. At that point I suddenly had severe pain and was in hospital having emergency surgery for a ruptured ectopic. So not the usual story but it doesn't sound like you have one at all.
Don't google and just enjoy your pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->