First time pregnant

KalicoKat

Reaction score
I just got my very positive pregnancy test. First test this cycle I've done and tomorrow I would have been a week late

I kind of just igorned everything this month, husband and I only baby danced twice this month and I was 10 days late last month so refused to even test until tonight cuz I bought two test to test tomorrow morning.

The test showed positive even before the pee hit the control line.

I'm so shocked. I can't call my doctor until Monday. And after being off birth control for almost a full year.... I don't really know what to do until I get to my doctor

Congrats! You dont really need to do anything at this point. Start prenatals if your not already and just relax :)

Congratulations! As the PP said, there's no need to do anything really. :)

Congratulations! We were so shocked when we got ours as well, even though we'd been hoping for it.

Congrats! It is also my first time and quite a shock for us as well (even though we were starting to try).

My first appointment isn't until 10 weeks and all I was told to do in the meantime was to take prenatals. I think if you just keep healthy and drop any bad habits you'll be fine.

Congratulations!!!! This is my fifth pregnancy, and the first trimester is a time when there's just not much for you to do! Do a quick Google search if you need to know what to do - just eat right, avoid unpasteurized dairy and undercooked meat/eggs. Keep coffee (or other caffeinated beverages) down to a cup or two per day. No rollercoasters or skydiving... ;) You'll do just fine.

Congratulations! First time for me too :) The first trimester and the early part of the second tri is a bit weird.. you really don't do anything other than be very sick or feel exhausted or probably both!

It varies from country to country but for me, I rang my docs at 5 weeks when I found out but first saw my midwife at 8 weeks, scan at 12 & 20 weeks. Inbetween, you just have to get on with life really, not much to be done and not much contact with anyone medical! It picks up as your pregnancy progresses!

Good luck with your pregnancy and enjoy it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->