First time temp-er. Need help and advice!

HisKhaleesi

Reaction score
So now that I am on the my 7th failed cycle, I have decided upon my DHs urging to try temping. I guess it will be especially useful to see if Im even ovulating or not. Im going to buy a basal body thermometer on my shopping trip today. So what is the best way to start doing this...do I temp every day, what am I looking for, how does this all work....Im going to google for info when I get home, but I figured it would be best to seek advice first from seasoned temp-ers. Just started AF today, so should I start tommorow or after my cycle has ended?

I would start by setting up a fertility friend account. Just click on my chart below and click on Join Now - Free. Its a great app and you can use it on mobile as well.
You need to temp everyday (or as often as you can manage, I miss a day every few days). You also need to do it at the same time every morning, before getting out of bed or moving around too much....and within about a 1/2 hour window of the same time everyday. I set my alarm for 6 every morning take my temp then go back to sleep (my thermometer saves my last temp so I can check it later). You should ideally get at least 3 hours of straight sleep prior to get an accurate reading. Your chart might not look like much right away but at the end of your cycle you should see a pattern and hopefully you'll have been able to confirm ovulation!

Yes, I am interested in seeing the replies as well! I would like to start temping.
HisKhaleesi (she is my favorite on GoT by the way)! :happydance:, what brand thermometer are you purchasing? I have no idea which kind to get, etc.

Yes, I am interested in seeing the replies as well! I would like to start temping.
HisKhaleesi (she is my favorite on GoT by the way)! :happydance:, what brand thermometer are you purchasing? I have no idea which kind to get, etc.

YES! lol My DH and I are huge GOT fans haha...he jokingly calls me Khaleesi all the time (especially when hes trying to earn bonus points haha) so I figured it would be a perfect screen name. Im not sure what brand Im going to pick up, Ill be checking them out at the store here in a few. Ill let you know what brand I go with.

YES! lol My DH and I are huge GOT fans haha...he jokingly calls me Khaleesi all the time (especially when hes trying to earn bonus points haha) so I figured it would be a perfect screen name. Im not sure what brand Im going to pick up, Ill be checking them out at the store here in a few. Ill let you know what brand I go with.[/QUOTE]

DH got me hooked too! Can't wait for March! :thumbup:
Yes, I will check back-thanks! :)

What tmb4007 said ...start temping straight away and try to be consistent. Fertility Friend has a free version that is pretty simple and very helpful. Keep in mind that if you add cm and opk information too it becomes extremely accurate and effective. The more info you put in the better the program works! Good luck and congrats on deciding to temp!

The thermometer I bought is by Mabis healthcare...Im going to start temping tommorow..omw to set up an account on fertility friend.

how do I view the free version of the chart? It keeps telling me to go to VIP...plus why is it telling me to test on the 28th? Still no full blown AF..only spotting took a test today it was BFN...So I thought I was already on a new cycle?

how do I view the free version of the chart? It keeps telling me to go to VIP...plus why is it telling me to test on the 28th? Still no full blown AF..only spotting took a test today it was BFN...So I thought I was already on a new cycle?

do you have a smartphone? I must prefer the FF app over the website.

It's probably telling you to test on the 28th because of previous cycles...mine tells me that my period (or spotting) should start tomorrow and to test on the 29th..who knows why. If my real period doesn't come by Monday I'm testing.

I thought I had a chance this cycle, but just this morning I noticed very light brown mixed with watery cm when I went to the bathroom. Boo :( Looks kind of like my normal pre-af spotting :(

I dont have a smartphone...:( I know Im behind the times...temp this morning was 97.39. So what type of shift am I looking for around ovulation time? I am so angry right now because stupid AF was all messed up this month....I never even got an actual period....just 3 days of pinky brown spotting with little bits of red...so I guess I will count the two days where there was a tiny amount of red as a period???? so now I dont know what cycle day Im on or anything to even track for ovulation this month. :growlmad:

If you plug light flow in to ff it will start a new cycle (spotting in not considered AF unless its at the tail end of it).

Looking at my chart the day before FF says I ovulated (and the day before my positive opk) my temp was 97.1. The next day (day of ovulation) it dropped down to 97.0.

1DPO it went up to 97.3
2DPO it shot up to 97.7 and stayed there for a couple days.

So I've heard you need a 3 day temp rise to confirm ovulation.

Its all simple really, upon waking (at the same time) before getting out of bed (or even farting), stick the bbt in ur mouth (or if you prefer vagina) and take your temp. Input that temp in your chart and watch as your body makes wonderful patterns that you can obsess over :)
Make a note of cm too as its a great indicator of fertility. Your looking for a rise in temps to confirm ovulation, a new level of temps. Charting is fun but addictive ;)

Its all simple really, upon waking (at the same time) before getting out of bed (or even farting), stick the bbt in ur mouth (or if you prefer vagina) and take your temp. Input that temp in your chart and watch as your body makes wonderful patterns that you can obsess over :)
Make a note of cm too as its a great indicator of fertility. Your looking for a rise in temps to confirm ovulation, a new level of temps. Charting is fun but addictive ;)

haha, that made me lol. I just want to be able to confirm ovulation is occurring! Thats my goal! lol So when I see my doc again in March, I can show her the charts...my husband is 1000% on board now so Feb is the month!! Im staying positive!! We are going downtown every single fertile day this month! lol no excuses!!! haha :sex::sex::sex::sex::sex:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->