First time trying

MissIconic

Reaction score
Hello,
I am 27 years old and we are trying to have a baby. This is actually my first time trying. I got all the OPK's and I also came across some packets of pregnitude that were given to my by my doctor. She previously had me on diet pills I was trying to shred a few pounds. After I told her I was TTC she took me off the diet pills and gave me some samples of pregnitude. Anywho, I have a 28day cycle (prior to taking diets pills and shedding few pounds it was 32days) I started taking the opk tests on day 8 as described in the clearblue advanced digital test kit. Day 8 I got the "o" which was just basically a fun day. On day 9 i got the :) Smiley face and it was flashing. It scared me bc again Id never tried to have a baby so I am going into this blind I also didnt even know when or even if i Ovulate. Well on the box the flashing smiley meant fertile. On day 10 I aslo got the flashing smiley. and on Day 11 I got the flashing smiley as well. On day 12 I went to use the test as normal early in the AM. I accidentally dropped the testing portion in the toilet (I have no Idea how and I am still upset). So before going to work I stopped over at the pharmacy and purchased another $29.99 test with the 10 test strips. I work 8 am - 5pm and it was killing me sitting at work not being able to test to check and see if I was still getting my blinking :) face! So on my first break at 9:45 am i went into the bathroom and took the OPK test. I was upset after waiting 5 minutes when i got a "O" again. Especially on day 12 when the test states it detects 4 days. So I thought it could be the test. Today day 13 I took my test this morning as normal and made sure to stay away from the toilet. I got another "O" so if the tests are correct that means I only Ovulated for 3 days. Also the test is supposed to show u peak fertility with a :) smiley that doesnt flash and it sits for 2 days. I am freaking out. Does this mean I only ovulated for 3 days with no peak day? Could the first test have been a false reading and I never ovulated at all this cycle? Or could it be that I do not or Did not ovulate 4 days out of this cycle only 3. I am confused. Can anyone with experience on this give me some answers. I going crazy here.

Hello! I am ttc number one on and off for 3 or 4 years now! No one actually tells us this but we really only have a 3 day window to get pregnant. Granted, we can get pregnant from sperm older than that but this is the most discussed. Also, not everyone is text box perfect. We do not all fit into a label on a cardboard box. Please do not stress about this. Some doctors can actually tell you if and when you are going to ovulate. I would do this next cycle if it bothers you again. Also, you can start temping and check your cervical mucus. Baby dust!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->