First time trying...

Kesua

Reaction score
When I was 17 I finally went to the doctors to find out why I had never started my period - also during this period I was randomly blacking out. So I guess my doctor didn't focus much on the period problem. After going to every other doctor she started sending me to doctors pertaining to my period and I went to one in the city. He didn't do any tests personally but went off of blood work she had done. I remember sitting in the doctors office with my mom, I turned to her and laughed saying when he came back in he'd tell me I could never have kids.
He did just that.
Of course I busted up laughing because that was crazy and I "called it".
Also during that period in my life I never thought about kids much, wasn't sexually active and even avoided dating.

I'm 22 now and with an amazing man. He has one of his own who is two and we've been talking for a while now about having one.
My history is that I do not have periods without the assistance of BC.
I've never had a pregnancy scare and I believe stopped using protection about 2-3 years ago since I couldn't get pregnant (I know there are other reasons to use condoms).
I went to one OB/GYN and he prescribed me to take BC up until I had my period and start Clomid- did not work.

I'm native american and was finally able to get referred to a doctor in the system (yay no more bills for now!) and we've been working on tests (its a pain because it's over a 2 hour drive from my home and I work nights!!)
She tried 5mg of progesterone a day for 10 days to kick start my period.
Nothing.
The blood work came in and my insulin is high. She said that means I have PCOS though I do not have cysts on my ovaries- I guess meaning she does not have to put me on BC to shrink the cysts.
So now I am on medroxyprogesterone 10mg for 10 days and Metformin 500mg a day (half a pill twice a day).
My boyfriend is extremely excited and keeps trying to help me keep my hopes up in everything but it sucks not knowing if this will work.

Of course we know that this isn't a race but I'm excited that none of the doctors I've been to for the past two years have told me that it's impossible... I've only been trying since Nov. 2014 and starting the Metformin and Progesterone in march 2015.

But has anyone ever had to use this mixture? She mentioned adding clomid into the mix if I continue having issues but she seemed pretty optimistic that the high insulin (though I am not diabetic) is my main problem.
Its just researching you dont really find much information...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->