First Time User, TTC with PCOS. PLEASE HELP!!

blue eyed hen

Reaction score
G'day All PLEASE READ AND GIVE ME ADVICE!!!! TIA
Before i get started, i have tried posting before and made many mistakes etc, you may have read it but i am re-posting this time it will be much easier to read etc. Anyone know if you can delete posts? sorry if this is long.

As you know my name is "blue eyed hen", i am 23 y/o and am happily married to my husband who i have been with for over 6 years.
I have been trying to conceive since the night of my wedding in September 2012, and had no luck. I then went into hospital with really bad pain, i then found out i had a cyst on my left ovary. I have been seeing my GP and Gyno Dr since then,and have PCOS, my GP got me to have a dye test done to see if my Fallopian tubes were blocked, the test was painful for me and landed me in hospital for 4 days, tubes were not blocked.
I do have irregular periods, and have since I have been paying more attention to them before this i thought they were normal, but didn't track it very well, wish i did know days. I also have the issue of i know I need to loose weight, but I am finding it difficult it's like I go forward 1 step then go back 3 steps, i'm like a yoyo. But keep doing the best i can with exercise, eating, work etc. I do not ovulate but still get my period every month. I have been tested for diabetes and also had my thyriod tested and they are fine. In December 2013 the Gyno Dr started me on the clomiphine tablets, just one a day to start off with for 5 days, i then tried to conceive, but my period just went haywire i finished my period then on my 16th day of that cycle i got my period again, then finished on my 21st day, then 4 days later i got my period again. this time my dosage of clomiphine was increased to 2 tablets for 5 days and was also given Metformin to take. So far so good period is going ok (it is happening now still). My husband has been tested for his sperm and thats all OK.
I am struggling to understand this, i have tried ready info, asking Dr's etc i just get muddled up. I keep getting told to loose weight, which i am working on or not to think of it when having intercourse, and i don't pretty much give up and just do it for pleasure. I think i also miss my window, i just need some help or something. I thought maybe going to a forum may help, or talking to other's with PCOS. I would give anything to be a mum for the first time and possible many more times after that! i love kids hence why i work with them.
If you have any tips, information, anything i would greatly appreciate it.
I get down with this. Thanks for reading
i look forward to replies
TIA
Blue Eyed Hen

Hi 'blue eyed hen',

I thought I might send a reply as while I was reading your post I thought I was almost reading my own post. I'm 24, have PCOS, ttc, live in qld Aus. I apparently ovulate occasionally but not often enough and I also get my period every month but never on time. I'm about to go on my first dose of Clomid (clomiphine), despite trying to get pregnant for 5 years (was sort of in denial and didn't want to get PCOS proven). Anyway I thought it might be interesting to talk, seeing as we have similar stories. I recently have been having a lot more luck with ovulation and weight loss after I cut out a lot of foods from my diet. I used to be constantly sick from some foods and found out I was intolerant to Wheat, dairy and soy. I found out that these are foods they recommend people with PCOS cut anyway! Its not easy, but I'll do anything to help my chances of getting pregnant. Plus I don't feel sick all the time, anymore. Hope things are going well.

- 'Jadza'

Hey Ladies :) I think both of you would benefit from charting (if you don't already). I use fertility friend and track my temperature (this is the biggest help to know if you've O'd), I also use OPK's, I check my cervix and discharge. I also have PCOS, although luckily I've never had to deal with cysts. My main issue is very long cycle (50 to 100+ days) and very late ovulation or no ovulation at all. I have used clomid with no luck (no ovulation one tie and a very weak ovulation the second). I had great success with a similar drug called fumera. Less side effects and I had strong ovulation both times I used it and got my BFP for baby #3! My other 2 babies were conceived naturally but one was by surprise after unprotected sex for well over a year and the other took over 2 years. I am now trying for #4 and am hoping to conceive naturally this time...I am taking an herb called vitex as well as some vitamins in hopes to regulate my body.

Anyway, if you'd like to try out fertility friends for free just click this link and click Join Now - free and sign up....Charting can be daunting but it is well worth it. You will be able to see a bunch of my charts when you click the link as well :) https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3272ba

G'day All PLEASE READ AND GIVE ME ADVICE!!!! TIA
Before i get started, i have tried posting before and made many mistakes etc, you may have read it but i am re-posting this time it will be much easier to read etc. Anyone know if you can delete posts? sorry if this is long.

As you know my name is "blue eyed hen", i am 23 y/o and am happily married to my husband who i have been with for over 6 years.
I have been trying to conceive since the night of my wedding in September 2012, and had no luck. I then went into hospital with really bad pain, i then found out i had a cyst on my left ovary. I have been seeing my GP and Gyno Dr since then,and have PCOS, my GP got me to have a dye test done to see if my Fallopian tubes were blocked, the test was painful for me and landed me in hospital for 4 days, tubes were not blocked.
I do have irregular periods, and have since I have been paying more attention to them before this i thought they were normal, but didn't track it very well, wish i did know days. I also have the issue of i know I need to loose weight, but I am finding it difficult it's like I go forward 1 step then go back 3 steps, i'm like a yoyo. But keep doing the best i can with exercise, eating, work etc. I do not ovulate but still get my period every month. I have been tested for diabetes and also had my thyriod tested and they are fine. In December 2013 the Gyno Dr started me on the clomiphine tablets, just one a day to start off with for 5 days, i then tried to conceive, but my period just went haywire i finished my period then on my 16th day of that cycle i got my period again, then finished on my 21st day, then 4 days later i got my period again. this time my dosage of clomiphine was increased to 2 tablets for 5 days and was also given Metformin to take. So far so good period is going ok (it is happening now still). My husband has been tested for his sperm and thats all OK.
I am struggling to understand this, i have tried ready info, asking Dr's etc i just get muddled up. I keep getting told to loose weight, which i am working on or not to think of it when having intercourse, and i don't pretty much give up and just do it for pleasure. I think i also miss my window, i just need some help or something. I thought maybe going to a forum may help, or talking to other's with PCOS. I would give anything to be a mum for the first time and possible many more times after that! i love kids hence why i work with them.
If you have any tips, information, anything i would greatly appreciate it.
I get down with this. Thanks for reading
i look forward to replies
TIA
Blue Eyed Hen

Hey there,

I have PCOS but I don't have the weight gain that most women have with it. However, I did read that there are specific diets designed for losing weight while on PCOS. Certain foods you can eat, and certain foods to to avoid. You should definitely do some reading on PCOS diets and see what you can find.

Other than that, im afraid I can be much help since I just started Clomid this cycle.

I wish you the best of luck <3

thank you to those who have replied to me so far, i really appreciate it. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->