First time using OPK

ttcnewbie123

Reaction score
Im sorry for sounding stupid but I used a OPK today for the first time. I stopped taking the pill a few weeks ago and had my first withdrawal bleed 17th January meaning I am on CD16. The OPKs only arrived in todays post so I thought Id give it a go just incase, I have no idea how long my cycle is going to be after being on the pill for so long even though before the pill (8-9 years ago) they were always regular! So theoretically I could have already ovulated this month but Im worried that there was no second line at all on the test and after reading LOTS of other posts on here some people got very faint 2nd lines the whole month through - could that mean Im not ovulating or havent ovulated?!

Help, Im new to all this!

I don't know. I have a similar issue. I have always had the faint second line when I wasn't surging. But for some reason this cycle..no second line throughout the cycle so far and I'm on day 11. Hopefully this doesn't mean that I won't o this month.

Can anyone else help with this? I done another one today and still no line?!

i ve had 20 tests (over 18 days) with one line and 2 one faded second line and one bit darker but still stronger than first. lots of cm, pains, gases etc so i must be.

I think it depends which you are using.

I am in a similar situation to you - I came off the pill in December after about 8 years. I started using OPKs at about CD30 as I had no :witch: or :bfp:. I used Tesco's OPKs and got two lines (with the test varying in strength) each time. However, when I used ICs I got no line test line. I have continued to use Tesco's as I got a + OPK on these. However, on the same day I got a -ve on the ICs. Hmmmm..... I can only guess that the ICs are not very good for me (although others on here are happy with them).

I am currently (or at least I think I am!) 12 dpo. If I get :bfp: or :witch: in the next few days then the Tesco ones were right and the ICs were rubbish for me.

Thanks Struth, how long are your cycles after being on the pill so long if you dont mind me asking?

i done a test today after yesterdays two lines (one a bit faded) well just one line today, iam on day 22 i think now so i think it musta been yest with the Cm. Now its the waiting game me thinks.. scary...

Thanks Struth, how long are your cycles after being on the pill so long if you dont mind me asking?

I don't know to be honest - I am still on cycle one and am currently at CD46! I think that I O'ed on CD34 so I'm hoping for either :witch: or a :bfp: at the weekend! It's been a long cycle though - I thought that I O'ed at CD11 initially as I had EWCM but it looks like that was not the case!

I'm really hoping that my cycle will settle down for my second cycle. I used to be pretty regular (give or take a day or two) prior to the pill. I guess it just takes our bodies a while to sort themselves out.

Hope that you get back to your usual cycles asap :dust:

I would recommend using the same brand and testing at same time everyday. That way you've cut two variables (test strength and urine concentration) out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->