First timer!! Couple questions???

MEPride

Reaction score
Hey all! First pregnancy and received positive HPTs the last 3 days. Only 12 dpo today so I am AMAZED. Couple questions:

1) (TMI) why is FMU so dark?!?! I've been drinking TONS of water!

2) when did your first symptoms start? No real symptoms here yet. Haven't even missed my period yet.

3) I'm flying to Hawaii for my late honeymoon in 2 weeks. I'm terrified getting on the planes! It's ok to fly this early, right? Anything I should do/not do? I'll be on planes for almost 12 hours 😰

4) can I sunbathe while in Hawaii?

And finally!
5) when I made an appointment with my midwife, the soonest they could get me in was 3 March when I'll be 9 weeks! Is that normal?? Seems really late for a first prenatal to me!

Thanks so much in advance!!

FMU is always concentrated- you haven't been drinking all night.
I started with insomnia during TWW and then exhaustion week after BFP but nothing else really. I had one week of nausea around 9 weeks but that was it. At 10 weeks I still don't really feel pregnant but 3 blood tests and no period for 2 months tells me I am.
It's perfectly fine to fly while early pregnant. They start getting worried about it when you are closer to delivering. As with anyone on long flights, make sure to get up and walk around every 2 hours to prevent blood clots forming in your legs.
That's perfectly fine as long as you are already taking your prenatal vitamin every day. I went through orientation already but my first prenatal appt is at my 12 weeks mark. They usually don't see someone so early unless there are problems or they have a history of miscarriage.

Hey all! First pregnancy and received positive HPTs the last 3 days. Only 12 dpo today so I am AMAZED. Couple questions:

1) (TMI) why is FMU so dark?!?! I've been drinking TONS of water! Because its the most concentrated

2) when did your first symptoms start? No real symptoms here yet. Haven't even missed my period yet.

Right away but everyone is different

3) I'm flying to Hawaii for my late honeymoon in 2 weeks. I'm terrified getting on the planes! It's ok to fly this early, right? Anything I should do/not do? I'll be on planes for almost 12 hours 😰

Cant answer, never flown

4) can I sunbathe while in Hawaii?

Yes, the baby is deep in your uterus in a sac... the sun doesnt reach that far

And finally!
5) when I made an appointment with my midwife, the soonest they could get me in was 3 March when I'll be 9 weeks! Is that normal?? Seems really late for a first prenatal to me!

Every dr does it different.

Thanks so much in advance!!

:thumbup:

1) fmu is usually dark, don't worry.

2) with my first pregnancy I had strong cramps that started before my bfp, slight food aversions shortly after but real nausea and tiredness didn't start till 9 weeks. This time I got very sick from 6 weeks. So it does vary, even from pregnancy to pregnancy, you'll have to wait and see ;)

3) yes you can fly no problem, just walk around lots and keep very hydrated (which will make you get up more to pee haha). You can use the in flight compression socks too.

4) sunbathing is fine, the vitamin D is good, but like anyone be careful, stay hydrated, don't get burnt and try to keep yourself cool with cooling showers or a pool if possible :) sounds lovely, enjoy!

5) yep first midwife appointment is usually 8-10 weeks. Make sure you're taking a pregnancy multivitamin or specifically folic acid and vit D. And just look up foods to avoid in pregnancy on the NHS website just in case hawaii has some strange things :haha: xx

My first symptoms have always been different with each pregnancy. My first was very sore boobs, my 2nd was round ligament pain upon standing (cramp in your side) cramps and bloating, with my third I also had very early round ligament pain and cramps bloating but also an increase in appetite in the very beginning followed by food aversions and nausea/tiredness and dizziness. Morning sickness didn't hit me until around 8 weeks with my 2nd, didnt effect me much at all with my first, but it hit me around 5/6 weeks this time, so you might be starting to feel kinda sick in a couple weeks during your 2nd honeymoon, unfortunately, but hopefully not!

My only advise about flying on a plane is dont go through the body scanner, maybe its just me but I'd be worried about radiation effecting the pregnancy although its highly unlikely im sure you should also have the option of being patted down. And be careful about what you eat your more prone to food poisoning during pregnancy.

You immune system is compromised during pregnancy which will slightly increase your chance of getting sun burns and skin cancer, so I would be cautious with the sunbathing.

They booked me for 8 weeks my first two pregnancies but when i called about this one they said 9-12 weeks (so I booked it for 9). So they may have changed it recently

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->