first timer - MMC worry (rather paranoia)

hersweetleaf

mommy to a baby hulk
Reaction score
So ive heard from different places that morning sickness is a good thing, and it may infact mean that you will not misscarry. Now, before i got pregnant i was a puker, no idea why, i just always would feel sick and pukey. Now that im pregnant, ive just had mild queazyness, threw up maybe once or twice, mostly from nerves. but im kind of worried that my symptoms arent really that bad. i mean, i get queazy and take a b6 or eat something and im fine. but all i can seem to think about is "oh sh!t, why am i not sick, i hope this isnt a sign for MC". Im constantly checking to see if theres spotting, which there hasnt been, and im at 7 weeks tomorrow. Its a constant worry, probably because ive never done this before, and it somewhat normal i guess. just paranoid i guess.

Ah sweetie, try not to worry too much about symptoms. With my first pregnancy I had no sickness at all, not even queasy, this resulted in my son. Second pregnancy I had sickness, queasiness and generally felt shite and that ended badly. Now I'm pregnant again and only symptoms are extreme fatigue and sore boobs. Every pregnancy is so different. Don't get too hung up on symptoms (easier said then done I know) and just try to enjoy it.

Good luck and a happy and healthy 9 months to you. x

I was very paranoid this time around, with my daugther i had morning sickness at about week 12. This time I have had NO morning sickness (knock on wood). I had a great ultrasound last week and got to see my little baby kicking and waving and yawning and doing flips. It was amazing. Maybe your just a lucky pregnant lady and you wont have any morning sickness.

I agree, try not to read too much into the presence or absence of symptoms. Also, you're still quite early, the ms may still hit you!

I'm feeling absolutely paranoid and anxious at the moment - so I know how you feel. I am 6+5 today and have had no sign of MS at all. I have possibly felt slightly queasy but that has either been before eating anything or after eating too much sugar. Even with all the worrying I havn't felt like vomiting. My boobs feel less full and are definately not swollen like they were this time last week, but don't know if they are smaller. They are less sore too.
I've had no spotting but I have been worrying since 6+2 that I have had a missed miscarriage. I feel less pregnant than I did a week ago. I try to hope everything is alright and it seems that's all I can do.
I am due to book an early scan at 8 weeks to see heartbeat but am thinking of going a few days earlier.
I'm a first timer too, so I hope that I'm just worrying over nothing, as I don't know what to expect.
Hope you are fine and that you and little bean are healthy.

My sickness didn't kick in until quite a lot later than 7 weeks anyway this time round, but I'd just say that this is my third baby and all three pregnancies have been totally different in terms of sickness - the second one I was sick for a week then it stopped totally and I didn't feel even slightly nauseous for the rest of pregnancy. That baby is now 15 and taking his GCSEs! Don't worry, these things seem to vary even from day to day and it's all fine xxx

i know how you are all feeling... last week i felt queasy a few times now i feel nothing i also had sore boobs but now i don't have those either.. i am getting a few cramps in my back and in my stomach this is my second, i get really paranoid about a MMC too and i still have to wait nearly 2 weeks for my scan, i am really hoping all is fine and its just me being way to paranoid. Hope all is well with everyone and we all have a happy and healthy 9 months xxxx

I'm feeling absolutely paranoid and anxious at the moment - so I know how you feel. I am 6+5 today and have had no sign of MS at all. I have possibly felt slightly queasy but that has either been before eating anything or after eating too much sugar. Even with all the worrying I havn't felt like vomiting. My boobs feel less full and are definately not swollen like they were this time last week, but don't know if they are smaller. They are less sore too.
I've had no spotting but I have been worrying since 6+2 that I have had a missed miscarriage. I feel less pregnant than I did a week ago. I try to hope everything is alright and it seems that's all I can do.
I am due to book an early scan at 8 weeks to see heartbeat but am thinking of going a few days earlier.
I'm a first timer too, so I hope that I'm just worrying over nothing, as I don't know what to expect.
Hope you are fine and that you and little bean are healthy.

Aw I really feel for you, I spent the first few weeks of this pregnancy terrified and one of the scariest things was the variable symptoms. So I can definitely report that the boob soreness and swelling totally comes and goes for no apparant reason, as do all the other symptoms - a couple of times I was convinced it was all going horribly wrong because I'd wake up not feeling pregnant at all suddenly but within a day or two it'd all come back. Quite a lot of people also have practically no symptoms too. I'm sure you're fine! :hugs: :hugs:

Don't worry hun. I've had no ms whatsoever and had 3 scans and all absolutely fine!
I have had a couple of times when i've gipped (throat felt really dry and i've dry heaved) but nothing really to write home about. In fact i've been really healthy!! You're just one of us lucky ones!!

Its completely normal to feel so paranoid...I still am, and having had two bleeds, its been worse...but the worse thing you can do for your baby is spend the entire time stressed and worrying. No signs isn't a sign that something is wrong. Many won't don't have anything at all and give birth to perfectly healthy babies! Eaiser ssaid than done, but try not to stress!

Braven - GO PRUNE!!

Original poster -

I had MS with my miscarriage.

I have read almost all the MMC, MC and Threatened MC threads on this board and the symptoms have run from hyperemesis to nothing at all. I honestly don't put a lot of stock in the whole "barf a lot and you will have a healthy pregnancy" thing. I am even sure there are women who were so sick, the dehydration and constant wretching strain of the stomach may have even caused a MC. You can't read so much into the symptoms or lack there of, you will just make yourself nuts. Unless you are bleeding, try not to worry.

I am with you on this. I am 5 weeks 6 days and my symptoms seem to come and go I have my first US on the 12th so I am hoping seeing that everthing is ok will help comfort me. Glad to know i am not the only worry wort out there btw this is my first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->