First try IVF/ICSI success? Looking for hope.

Great news pickle! Sending sticky baby dust your way xx

Hi, I just wanted to say good luck and hoping all goes well :)

I am a first time ICSI IVF success. We had a transfer DEc 12 and we are now over 6 months pregnant with a beautiful healthy wiggly baby :) all has been going well.

I had 5 retrieved, and 5 fertilised. One was transferred and 4 are frozen.

That's great news Pickletilly, sounds very promising :) When's your official test day? I promised myself I wouldn't test until my OTD but ended up caving at 3dpt. Good luck! X

I am a first time ICSI IVF success. We had a transfer DEc 12 and we are now over 6 months pregnant with a beautiful healthy wiggly baby :) all has been going well.

Thanks for your success story! That's brilliant. Congrats! Boosted me at a low moment. Enjoy the wriggles!

That's great news Pickletilly, sounds very promising :) When's your official test day? I promised myself I wouldn't test until my OTD but ended up caving at 3dpt. Good luck! X

My test day is 5th June which is 10dpt, I didn't realise they counted 14 days from egg collection but it makes sense. 3dpt! That's mad, how did you know it wasn't from your hcg shot? I've been told I can't test early because of that :dohh:

They say it takes 10 days for the trigger shot to be out of your system and a lot of people test it out i.e. Wait for the tests to go negative and then if it turns positive, you know it isn't the trigger.

I got a very faint squinter at 3dpt but I wouldn't recommend testing that early. My clinic today me to wait until 15 days after EC. I took a test every day after that point and convinced myself it was a chemical because the lines were so faint. If you can, hold out until your official test date, so you don't drive yourself mad like I did :)

I couldnt resist testing early either but I didn't have trigger as was fet
I agree with his princess though that if you do want to test earlier than otd it's best to start testing until trigger is negative so you know it's out your system, good luck, keep us posted with any symptoms! Xx

Thanks for your success story! That's brilliant. Congrats! Boosted me at a low moment. Enjoy the wriggles!

My test day is 5th June which is 10dpt, I didn't realise they counted 14 days from egg collection but it makes sense. 3dpt! That's mad, how did you know it wasn't from your hcg shot? I've been told I can't test early because of that :dohh:

Thats cool they test 14 days past retrieval. Many clinics I see test women 14dpt...thatd be torture!! My clinic thankfully does it 12 days past retrieval (9dp3dt). I tested out my trigger with cheapies and then on 5dp3dt, the line started to appear again and then even darker 6dp3dt so on 7dp3dt I whipped out the FRER and got a nice solid line! I was too scared to believe it until I saw the frer had an even more solid line the next day. I guess levels can be higher with day 3 transfers tho for unknown reasons but they do say after a 5dt, you could test by 5-6dp5dt. But yeah, if u do want to test early, just buy like 6 WalMart .88cent tests and use one everyday & by 6-10dpR, you more then likely won't see any line from the trigger. If you had a 10,000iui shot, itd take approximately 10 days because generally about 1,000iui/day leaves the body, although we all metabolize differently so thats why its good to test it out of you plan to test early. Thankfully you dont have much longer to wait since your doc is testing 14dpR and you had a day 5 transfer. Only about a wk longer, right?! FX!

I will say tho, if u test 6dpt and the test is quite dark and doesn't lighten the next day, its more then likely not the trigger. Crossing these fingers!!!

His princess, it sounds like you and I are both huge POAS addicts! Lol. I just wanted to know as soon as I possibly could! Lol. My doc told me to wait until my OTD, 12dpR but even that was too long! He said by 12 days after retrieval, the trigger has been in our system for 14 days and that it's long gone by then. Sometimes they'll find small traces but not enough to turn an HPT positive that late. We're bad Influences! :haha:

His princess, it sounds like you and I are both huge POAS addicts! Lol. I just wanted to know as soon as I possibly could! Lol. My doc told me to wait until my OTD, 12dpR but even that was too long! He said by 12 days after retrieval, the trigger has been in our system for 14 days and that it's long gone by then. Sometimes they'll find small traces but not enough to turn an HPT positive that late. We're bad Influences! :haha:

It's awful isn't it aidensmummy?! :blush: The wait is a killer though!! I knew I shouldn't be testing that early but I just couldn't help myself. I miscarried after my first attempt so I was desperate to know whether it had worked.

I first tested at 6d3t and I got a very faint positive.

I tested again at 8d3t and it was stronger. I then tested a couple of days later, not even with FMU and it was still dark.

Congrats to you other ladies who had first time IVF success!

Pickletilly, I cannot wait for your test day! I have an amazing feeling for you! Not much longer!! :dance:

Thanks :) I am 3dp5dt and I guess just feeling progesterone side affects. I've heard day 3 is roughly implantation day so fx fx fx!!!

Thanks :) I am 3dp5dt and I guess just feeling progesterone side affects. I've heard day 3 is roughly implantation day so fx fx fx!!!

With day 5 transfers, my RE told me they usually expect implantation between 24-48hrs afterwards. He said an embryo can implant the day of a day 5 transfer but the most common time is the day after. I KNOW I felt some strong implantation cramping from 3dp3dt to 7dp3dt. I think I started implanting no later then 3dpt (6dpo) because I had a very solid BFP & positive digi by 7dp3dt (after testing the trigger out of course.) So your LO may already be latched on at this point! :) FX sooo tight!! I cannot wait for you to test!!!

I dunno I feel like it hasn't worked for me :( my stomach bloat and pain from EC has completely gone now (apart from when I hiccup!) and my bbs hurt less and the cramping has gone :( now I feel completely normal. I'm losing hope.

I didnt get any cramping until 5dp5dt, dont lose hope! I didnt have anything else before this either or until 6w4d when nausea started xx

Thanks star :) so cramping was your only sign? Were you on progesterone?

I dunno I feel like it hasn't worked for me :( my stomach bloat and pain from EC has completely gone now (apart from when I hiccup!) and my bbs hurt less and the cramping has gone :( now I feel completely normal. I'm losing hope.

all of my symptoms simmered down too the day before I tested. It may just mean your trigger is already out of your system... thats what my symptoms simmering down meant for me. Dont lose your hope! Its too early for that! And of course implantation can happen up until 7dpt, as well. I started feeling heavy symptoms again about 4 days after they initially went away and at that point my beta was 80 so I do think the trigger leaving the system and hcg from pregnancy entering the system has alot to do with symptoms coming and going.

Also, I've read so many IVF success stories where women didn't feel ANY symptoms at all but it still worked for them. I still have faith for you and I hope & pray you get your BFP. It sounds to me like you have great odds!

I'm sorry your feeling down. I too had the same doubts at one point in my TWW because I wasn't feeling much after what turned out to be implantation cramping subsided. I started to think about having to move to a FET cycle but lo and behold, it worked out & I am praying the same happens for you! I didn't really get any symptoms other than cramping & sore bbs until around 11dp3dt and my betas were pretty high at that point so I would've thought id feel more but that wasn't the case. Good luck and tons of dust & hugs your way! :hugs: :dust:

Yes cramping was my only symptom for about 3 week's until the nausea started and I was on progesterone, boobs were achy but that haf already started from the progesterone so I didnt really count that as a symptom but the cramping didnt start until day of bfp xx

My nausea/morning sickness just TRULY kicked in yesterday, at 5wks3d.
I too didn't count my sore bbs as a symptom until after my BFP because they felt better for a few days and then worse again after my +.

Many women test positive around 5/6dp5dt so if you have the courage to test tomorrow, u could ;). You have 4 days left until betas, right? I'll he stalking! FX!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->