• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

fitness, healthy diet and pregnancy

I got a good pregnancy workout DVD for my first, it was called Suzanne Bowen's long and lean prenatal work out. She had a lot of good core exercises that were ok to do through the third tri (for the love handles! ;). I worked out a lot pre-baby #1, and I found this dvd pretty challenging! So that was good.

I also ran most of my first pregnancy, up until it was just too uncomfortable. I would check with your doc but I think it's perfectly fine to raise your heart rate, get out of breath, etc. I think it can be good for the baby, actually. I did hiking, walking, weights, etc. For this pregnancy, I am still running but generally I have less time with a toddler, haha. Will probably start the dvd again soon.

For eating, I remember in my first pregnancy my doc told me all the extra calories I needed was one more apple per day. I remember being surprised by that! But thats how I like to think about it - I eat normally and then have one extra snack. Of course these past few weeks its been extra Halloween candy, haha! But I will get back on track soon.

My last pregnancy I just ate when my body told me, I ended up not gaining hardly at all in the first tri, and gaining a lot towards the end of the second tri. In total I gained 30. So I think just listen to your body.

I got a good pregnancy workout DVD for my first, it was called Suzanne Bowen's long and lean prenatal work out. She had a lot of good core exercises that were ok to do through the third tri (for the love handles! ;). I worked out a lot pre-baby #1, and I found this dvd pretty challenging! So that was good.

I also ran most of my first pregnancy, up until it was just too uncomfortable. I would check with your doc but I think it's perfectly fine to raise your heart rate, get out of breath, etc. I think it can be good for the baby, actually. I did hiking, walking, weights, etc. For this pregnancy, I am still running but generally I have less time with a toddler, haha. Will probably start the dvd again soon.

For eating, I remember in my first pregnancy my doc told me all the extra calories I needed was one more apple per day. I remember being surprised by that! But thats how I like to think about it - I eat normally and then have one extra snack. Of course these past few weeks its been extra Halloween candy, haha! But I will get back on track soon.

My last pregnancy I just ate when my body told me, I ended up not gaining hardly at all in the first tri, and gaining a lot towards the end of the second tri. In total I gained 30. So I think just listen to your body.

Thanks so much! I was hesitant to do my planks and core but seems to sound like it's good for baby and labor!. I did go on a run today did 4 miles at 9 mins for pace. I felt a bit crampy but prolly BC I dont normally drink water for that reason... But I need to stay hydrated now. Anyway is it normal to have discharge? After my run I had a lot. I do have a yeast that I'm starting treatment for tonight.... But I hope discharge is normal?

I won't run when I am pregnant (or at least the first trimester). The first time I got pregnant I worked out normally (because I kept getting told that was fine). One of the runs I did was not fast and it was around 3 miles (can't remember), that day and the next I had a lot of discharge and then the 3rd day I miscarried. I am not saying that it was from the run, but I will not run until my 2nd trimester this time. If I decide to run at all. There are so many other things to do instead of running. Everyone is different though. Some people are probably fine running. I have been running for 15 years ( was in the military for 14) so it was nothing new to my body.

The discharge you are having is probably fine. Just a heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"