Fitness instructor 1st trimester-advice on coping with symptoms

Sunshine Star

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I work as a fitness instructor full time/days and nights. Today is my day off and at 6 weeks nausea and exhaustion hit me hard today.

Any advice on how to cope with these whilst still working would be appreciated.

Maybe I'll feel better when actually doing the exercise but the thought is not appealing just now! ❤️

If i was a fitness instructor id be stuffed by now.
I have been flat out vomiting for three weeks and im exhausted...

The only thing i can reccomend is get a big breakfast into u every morning before doing anything

When im hungry i feel 100x worse.... snack all day on fruit or nuts etc and keeing active does help

Hope u feel better soon

Thank you! You're totally right snacking all day helped! During the sessions I felt OK, it's when I stop and sat down that the nausea hits me! When I force myself to keep going I feel better!

I just need to be better organised with healthy snacks! I bought these little ginger candy sweets from Amazon and it helps to suck on them during sessions. Will probably need a trip to the dentist soon! Thanks for your help 😊

Congrats on your pregnancy! I received paperwork to become an indoor cycling instructor the day I found out I was pregnant, :dohh: talk about irony. I only teach a class once a week, so I was able to cope by willing myself to "suck it up" and get through my class. I also kept a stash of lifesaver peppermints close by (as well as the trash can :blush:) and tried to eat a good breakfast on the morning of my class. I also kind of made jokes that I wasn't feeling top notch or that I might be coming down with something, so everyone kind of understood if I had to take a minute to catch my breath.

It sounds like you are in a far tougher spot than me! I can't imagine being on my feet all day with clients. I'd suggest bring lots of snacks for yourself, I typically keep protein bars in my stuff in case my blood sugar drops. If you trust your managers, Maybe you could give them a heads up in case you need to step away from a client or need to take the day off. Maybe, if there is a time that you feel really sick, say mornings, maybe you could try to rework your schedule so you could see clients in the afternoon. Regardless, sending you hugs :hugs: Hope your morning sickness passes quickly!

I agree....snacking....I am a dance instructor and the idea of going into work and having to move around, plus add in having a higher level or energy and excitement than the students is not ever appealing.

I found snacking was ideal. Lots of water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->