Fitting exercise into your day

Bec L

Proud mum to 2 girls/1boy
Reaction score
I'm new to this section of B&B but would love to lose some weight. Haven't read through any posts yet, but wondered when you find time to exercise?

I used to love the gym, esp spin classes and found I was still pretty much eating what I liked but not piling the pounds on. Stopped exercising much when pg with Florrie as was so worried about another prem birth.

With 2 little ones I just don't have time for the gym, and walking everywhere with the pram doesn't seem to be helping :( Any tips or advice ladies? :flower:

I try to fit in a DVD while dinner's cooking as my DH is usually around to keep an eye on Jay. If I put noddy or Postman Pat or something on the TV Jay's happy (most of the time) to sit and chill for 20 minutes so I can try and exercise in peace. Otherwise he just tries to join in which is funny but hard for me to exercise properly and he tends to climb on me when I'm doing sit ups :haha:

I can never exercise in the evening as by the time Jay is in bed I'm so shattered I just want to chill out.

It's a bit different for me as I haven't got a baby in the house though!!

xx

Walking does help even if you dont see the benefit from it, you wont loose weight as quick compared to sessions as gym but does really help tone you down.
Ive got 2 kids, managed fine when second was younger but now shes at awkward age i need watch her 24/7.
I get out walk as much as possible, obvs just running around after kids can burn a sweat, i have do my exercise on kinect when they go to bed, hoping star gym some point this year so grandparents going have them on sunday morning.

Have you considered a gym with childcare? Mine goes in for 1 hour, 3x per week. If not, is there at least 30 minutes in the day when your babies are both asleep? I would try and fit something in for a home workout. Google "kettlebells" which is a reasonably priced option to get you a decent resistence/cardio mixed workout. I have a full 8-32kg set (4kg increments) in case the childcare doesn't work out for the day.

Thanks everyone. The gym does have childcare but I think you have to pay for it. And no, sadly the girls never sleep at the same time but I do usually manage to do a quick weights workout (for like 2 mins) every morning while we're getting ready. I also use leg weights when walking.

A friend suggested sitting on a gym ball whilst watching tele in the evening, that's worth a go.

hey i have a wii fit and on school dayz when my kids are at school i do it in the morning and then on the weekend i do it in the evening when they go to bed and walking helps alot i have bought a pedometer and it tells you how far you have walked and how many calories so you can see results and i got 2 of ebay for £4.00 good luck xx

Thanks everyone. The gym does have childcare but I think you have to pay for it. And no, sadly the girls never sleep at the same time but I do usually manage to do a quick weights workout (for like 2 mins) every morning while we're getting ready. I also use leg weights when walking.

A friend suggested sitting on a gym ball whilst watching tele in the evening, that's worth a go.

Have to be honest hun (because you said pram walking wasn't helping), those things aren't going to help either. Ankle weights when walking can lead to joint injuries and the weights aren't enough to offer resistance. Sitting on a gym ball doesn't do anything either.

A good weights workout is a solid 30-45 minutes 3x a week for visible results combined with healthy eating. I would highly suggest gym daycare and if not, investing in some home equipment. A simple 8 or 12kg kettlebell will really do the trick at first. If not, you can look into some more structured efficient bodyweight routines (see https://www.bodyrock.tv or Crossfit https://www.firepowertraining.com/w.../09/CrossFitBodyweightWorkoutResourcev2.0.pdf

Good luck!

Here's my favourite lower body kettlebell workout to give you an example
1) Warm Up :
a. Good morning x 10 – 8kg
b. Cossack x 10 – no bell
c. Around the body x 10 8kg
d. Figure 8 x 10 8kg
2) KB front squat
a. 2 x 8-10 (8kg, 8 reps, 2 sets)
3) Deck squat
a. 1 x 8-10 (8kg, 8 reps, 1 set)
4) Wide squat
a. 1 x 8-10 (12kg, 8 reps, 1 set)s
5) Pistol squat
a. Whatever you can do

You can google on youtube to see demos. Pretty neat eh?

Thanks Aliss, that's really helpful x

The girl from bodyrock.tv doesn't have kids lmao, can you tell??/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"