Flashing smiley's on clearblue digital

A

AndreZZ

I've had flashing smiley's on the clearblue digital advanced opk for 7 days in a row now and my first response regular opk's are negative like not even a line. Anyone have this happen?? What was the outcome??

Is there a difference in the sensitivity of the different tests? if one is more sensitive than the other then that could explain it but i would just DTD anyway just for fun :)

I hope you get your BFP soon x

I'm not too sure about the sensitivity but I know digital. Opk's detect an increase in LH while the regular ones become positive once a certain level of LH is reached. Just a confusing cycle for me...I'm on cycle day 23 and no O insight. Feeling very defeated, thanks for your response though ☺!

Is there a difference in the sensitivity of the different tests? if one is more sensitive than the other then that could explain it but i would just DTD anyway just for fun :)

I hope you get your BFP soon x

The dual hormone digi tests for two hormones. The packet will tell you this. The flashing smiley picks up estrogen and the solid smiley picks up LH. Estrogen surges before LH so either you have a long estrogen surge or you started testing too early and the test picked up a fluctuation in estrogen rather than your surge. The test is similar to a fertility monitor in the sense they customize to your individual levels. The first test you take sets the "normal" levels for you

Thanks! I didn't know that...I'm pretty late in my cycle so who knows what my body will do next.

The dual hormone digi tests for two hormones. The packet will tell you this. The flashing smiley picks up estrogen and the solid smiley picks up LH. Estrogen surges before LH so either you have a long estrogen surge or you started testing too early and the test picked up a fluctuation in estrogen rather than your surge. The test is similar to a fertility monitor in the sense they customize to your individual levels. The first test you take sets the "normal" levels for you

I've been pregnant five times now and used opks four times. I have to say that every time I conceived during a cycle, my opks stayed positive for a while. One time I remember them being positive for 8 days in a row! Finally they went negative a few days before my period was due and that was when I was able to get a positive on an hpt. I would take it as a good sign. It could be a really strong ovulation or you could have caught the egg. Good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement! I guess only time will tell

I've been pregnant five times now and used opks four times. I have to say that every time I conceived during a cycle, my opks stayed positive for a while. One time I remember them being positive for 8 days in a row! Finally they went negative a few days before my period was due and that was when I was able to get a positive on an hpt. I would take it as a good sign. It could be a really strong ovulation or you could have caught the egg. Good luck!

That wouldnt be the case with the flashing smiley on the dual digi. The flashing smiley picks up estrogen. The solid smiley picks up LH. HCG and LH are similar, not HCG and estrogen. Sorry!

Happened to me every time, especially with the clear blue smiley ones. I find opks to be extremely unreliable. The last 2 months of TTC I did monitored cycles, just for fun I still used opks....Both times I started getting positive readings 7 DAYS prior to when I actually ovulated. They don't work for everyone :)

I got 4 flashy smileys this cycle and then my solid. Last month didnt get any flashy! Its the solid that means you're very close to O. What cd are you on and when do you normally O? Hang in there!

When started around the right time in your cycle, they work like a charm. I started CD 13 and got a circle, two days of flashing smiley then a solid smiley then ovulated the next day

If you start testing too early, you'll get false flashing smileys.
If you start too late you probably wont get any flashing smileys and jump to a solid smiley (happened to me two cycles ago)

Sometimes it takes a few cycles to work out when it's best to start them.

The packet tells you when to start though, based on your average cycle length.

I used it for the first time last month and started on day 8 like the packet said to if you have an average 29 day cycle. I had one empty circle that first day then I ended up with 7 flashing smiley days and was going mental by that point. I ended up doing the cheapie OPKs alongside it and on day 7 that one actually looked positive so I repeated the clear blue one that afternoon and it was a solid smiley too. So it did work for me but gave me far too many 'high' fertility days

I asked about it and a few people said that nearly everyone gets lots of flashing smileys the first month they use it as it is setting to your usual hormone levels. Apparently the second and so on months you use it, you get a lot less flashing days as it has settled down to your usual levels. I'm on CD1 right now so will let you know if that's the case for me!

I've only ever had one solid face in three cycles but my temps insinuate ovulation. I think my surge is quick and if I only test once a day I can miss it.

I'm on cd24 yikes! Usually O around cd19-ish. This is my first postpartum cycle though...my daughter is almost 7 months. Maybe that's what's making things wonky?
After I had my son my luteal phase was short. This time around my luteal phase was short and noe I'm not O-ing lol.
I had watery cm a few days ago which has now turned into creamy cm again...it's just so confusing AND got another flashing smiley today and negative regular opk.
Frustrating!!!

I got 4 flashy smileys this cycle and then my solid. Last month didnt get any flashy! Its the solid that means you're very close to O. What cd are you on and when do you normally O? Hang in there!

I used it for the first time last month and started on day 8 like the packet said to if you have an average 29 day cycle. I had one empty circle that first day then I ended up with 7 flashing smiley days and was going mental by that point. I ended up doing the cheapie OPKs alongside it and on day 7 that one actually looked positive so I repeated the clear blue one that afternoon and it was a solid smiley too. So it did work for me but gave me far too many 'high' fertility days

I asked about it and a few people said that nearly everyone gets lots of flashing smileys the first month they use it as it is setting to your usual hormone levels. Apparently the second and so on months you use it, you get a lot less flashing days as it has settled down to your usual levels. I'm on CD1 right now so will let you know if that's the case for me!

Going by the instructions after 3 days of not being used it completely resets and theres no stored info-it treats next time like brand new cycle-does this after solid too. I agree with what powell said about when you start being the key to it all. I ov between day 9 and 16 but they are so expensive i cant start them super early. In august i got a blank day 8 and a solid 9- obviously it didnt pick up oestrogen surge as it was already surging when i started doing them and it had no baseline low level to go from.....this cycle though i started day 9 Got a blank day 9 and 10, got flashy for 4 days and solid day 15- i was happy enough with that.

Going by the instructions after 3 days of not being used it completely resets and theres no stored info-it treats next time like brand new cycle-does this after solid too. I agree with what powell said about when you start being the key to it all. I ov between day 9 and 16 but they are so expensive i cant start them super early. In august i got a blank day 8 and a solid 9- obviously it didnt pick up oestrogen surge as it was already surging when i started doing them and it had no baseline low level to go from.....this cycle though i started day 9 Got a blank day 9 and 10, got flashy for 4 days and solid day 15- i was happy enough with that.

Well it definitely tells you when to start depending on your 'average' cycle on the instructions
Interesting about it completely resetting, I read from many people that the first cycle gives a ton of flashings and the second around 2-4 so the typical number. Will await this month with interest

Sooo just wanted to update....I FINALLY got my solid smiley today after a whole box almost of flashing smiley's. BUT my regular opk is negative like not even close to positive!!
Anyone else experience this?? Last time I got pregnant when I got my solid smiley my regular opk was positive as well. Am I O'ING? I'll DTD anyway but wtf lol

That's random! When I finally got my solid smiley my cheapie opk was also positive. Like you say just DTD anyway! At least you don't have to use up more and more clearblue sticks! :dohh:

Last month i got a smiley but neg ic- i conceived but lost it...but i trust smileys over ics. Although i drink loadsa water so fmu smiley seems more reliable than really diluted urine when i do my ics.

Haha true Boo44...those sticks were driving me nuts.

Just a quick update in case anyone in the future wants to know. Took my regular first response opk last night...it was almost positive and this morning it is most definitely positive. So I guess clearblue digital advanced picked it up 24 hrs sooner than the first response regular.
Thanks for all your responses guys appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->