Flat feet

Layla

Reaction score
Found out yesterday that Coby has flat feet, i had an idea he was but wanted it confermed.

I have to speak to my health visitor about it now to see what happens from here, we brought him new shoes yesterday but now im to scared to put them on him in case they hurt him.

Does anyone else know anyone with Flat feet? what happens?

x

I have got totally flat feet Layla. Well when i stand up the insides of my feet collapse and have no support at all. I only had this confirmed about 2 years ago because i was having pains in my knees and my hips and it was because my feet were so flat that my legs and hips werent alligned properly. :blush: :cry:

So i had to have lots of lovely physio at the hospital for them to tell me that i have to wear these insole things in my shoes .. get them free though every year so thats ok. Just limits the shoes i can wear ... only the kicker type lace up shoes for work coz cant put the insoles in anything else. Cant wear sandals or anything in the summer .. well not for a long time anyway.

Think that it is good that they have confirmed it this early though .. not sure what they can do now though.

Sorry havent been much help have i .. lol

no thats ok, thanks hun, i have read up about insoles etc i will have to get it double checked by the health visitor and doctor, coz it was the shoe person in clarks that said his feet were flat.

We got him messured in there, then went to mothercare and got him trainers, but now im worried to put them in, they are quite chunky so im nt sure he can wear them now.

x

I think the best shoes to get would be ones with quite a sturdy bridge support in them .. although if he has flat feet then he might find them a bit uncomfortable. Best to get checked by HV.

I used to get measured in clarks but they never said anything to me!! Lol.

Hope you get it sorted :hugs:

I am also totally flat footed. The only time it has ever botherd me is when I wore arch supports and did tons of walking. I do walk abit heavier, but other than that, I have had no problems. Did get rejected to join the Army. (wouldnt take me cause of the flat feet) But thats ok. (was my dads idea when I turned 18)

Layla, does Colby go bare foot at all? The MW told my friend to let her wee girl play in the house bare foot as it helps to strengthen the tendons and muscles in the foot (her wee girl has quite flat feet but as far as I know hasn't been diagnosed with a condition or anything).

I have got totally flat feet Layla. Well when i stand up the insides of my feet collapse and have no support at all. I only had this confirmed about 2 years ago because i was having pains in my knees and my hips and it was because my feet were so flat that my legs and hips werent alligned properly. :blush: :cry:

So i had to have lots of lovely physio at the hospital for them to tell me that i have to wear these insole things in my shoes .. get them free though every year so thats ok. Just limits the shoes i can wear ... only the kicker type lace up shoes for work coz cant put the insoles in anything else. Cant wear sandals or anything in the summer .. well not for a long time anyway.

Bloody hell! I have flat feet and have been having back problems all my life! No one has ever said it may be because of my flat feet! Since having Frankie I have had really bad hip and knee pain and have finally (after 16 week wait) recieved a physio appointment, should I mention my flat feet then. It may explain why I have less problems when I wear a slight heel!

Yea Lynnie definately mention it because it really affects your posture and everything. Since I started wearing the insoles i havent had much problems. But it could be the reason you have a bad back. Because my feet were collapsing my knees were turned in slightly aswell so it does affect legs, hips, back, all of it. I was surprised when i got the diagnosis too but it does make sense now.

Layla, does Colby go bare foot at all? The MW told my friend to let her wee girl play in the house bare foot as it helps to strengthen the tendons and muscles in the foot (her wee girl has quite flat feet but as far as I know hasn't been diagnosed with a condition or anything).

Up untill now he hasnt, i have always put shoes on him since he could walk, but since i found out about his feet i have been to scared to put shoes on him so he has been bear foot alot.

Taking him to clarks tomorrow, going to pay the £26 to get him some shoes that i know will fit nice on him

x

Layla did you get Colby some Clarks shoes? They have a sale on at the moment and the £26 shoes are now £14 (not all ranges are in the sale)

we got him a pair of soft leather ones for £20 in the end,he seems to be getting on with them ok

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->