Flatline temps?

twiggy56

Mummy expecting #2
Reaction score
So iv just started temping a bit later than I wanted to as my BBT thermometer got lost in the post :growlmad:

Started on Sunday (CD10) and also started opks on the same day. The past 3 mornings iv set my alarm for 7:30am and taken my temp orally, then gone back to sleep til my daughter wakes roughly an hour and a half later.

But basically for the past 3 mornings at 7:30am my temp reading has been 35.9? Doing a little bit of chart stalking that seems to be quite a low average?! I even thought i wasnt using the thermometer right and made DH take his too!! :haha: and the thermometer gave his reading at 36 point something (cant remember exactly). Then this morning when i got the THIRD 35.9 in a row i took my temp 15 mins after id been up, got DD breakfast etc and it was 36.1?

My question is...is that normal to have a temp constantly that low? Im totally new to temping so cant tell if this is abnormal for me either!

Hi Hun my initial thought is that the thermometer I not reading accurate as it should be 4 digits long for a bbt thermometer ie 36.09 or 35.90 etc that will be why your lines are flat Hun unless I've misunderstood what you have said xx

Ahhh, 4 digits would make sense!!

Argh im so annoyed. DH got it off ebay and it was advertised as a BBT thermometer!

Thanks so much for your reply, i might have time to get a proper one in time to get a good few pre-O temps!

No probs hun - the best place is amazon and get a babymed bbt thermometer they do quick shipping too! FX for you!!

I got my bbt thermometer at walgreens for $8 and its pink digital. Lol. Anyways if u have a bbt it will be 4digits n flatline temps usually aren't anything worrisome. I have been 97.58 for like 5/6 last days ...... And my thermometer is in fine working condition too. Sometimes ur just regular just check batteries ans brand

Hubby felt so bad he ordered another one with 4 digits last night, will be here tomorrow!

Might just continue with the 3 digit one though as it might at least give a pattern still? I should still see a shift right?

Hi Twiggy

You probably wouldn't see a shift with the 3 digit one as it's such a small amount....but you should have your new one in plenty of time so don't panic! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->