Fleece liners

PrayerfulHope

Mom of 2
Reaction score
I've just increased my stash by 56 prefolds (a friend just gave me her stash) and as much as I love PF, I do not love that they stay soaked against LO's skin. So tell me how, where, what to look for in fleece liners, I tried cutting up a fleece blanky but it just repels water

I just bought some on eBay and they work fine. But I've also just bought some polar fleece to cut up, which is good for wicking the liquid away...

X x x

Actually maybe it's micro fleece!!! Argh I can't remember!

X x x

I got a 99p fleece blanket from Ikea which I cut up, and it is working fine :)

I don't think it really matters what kind of fleece it is. When you say it repels water, how did you test it? If you just poured water on it, yes the water would just sit there. You need to then touch it for the liquid to pass through - simulating a bottom sitting on it. Then you should find it passes through the fleece quickly and the water will then stay on whichever side has the most absorbency on it i.e. in the nappy.

I opened a pee diaper and there was pee still sitting next to her skin. Maybe I opened it too quickly after she peed? I'll try again.... :-/

I'd just test one out - put a towel or something on the side, then the fleece and pour water on. Press it and see what happens :)

Have you washed the blanket much? Fleece needs a few washes before it's properly absorbent. I used to bed my guinea pigs on fleece and had to wash it quite a few times before it worked well for them! Not that I'm comparing your baby to a guinea pig or anything, but the principle is the same!!

Fleece isn't absorbent at all though, not polyester fleece anyway :)

Didn't mean to use the word absorbent - what it does do is to allow the moisture to wick through to whatever is underneath though, leaving the surface next to baby's skin dry. It needs a few washes before it does this properly though.

Ah maybe I haven't washed it enough, and the blanket is polyester fleece does that make a difference?!

All fleece is more or less the same, As rachel said, you need to press the water through it and honestly it will work :flower:

I've always bought fleece liners from ebay.
I've never had a problem though and they just look like standard fleece to me :flower:

Polyester fleece is just standard fleece and that's fine for stay dry liners as it isn't absorbent but it lets the liquid through to whichever side has more absorbency on it (i.e. the nappy side). Bamboo fleece is super absorbent but it looks very different and they don't sell it in normal shops as a blanket or anything, you would definitely notice the difference in the feel, look and price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->