Flip inserts

Discussion in 'Natural Parenting' started by cath, Jan 30, 2011.

1. cath

cath Well-Known Member

I'm just about to order some new flips & wondered which inserts people prefer. I've only got the stay-dry ones & they work well for us but I'm willing to splash out on the more expensive organic ones if people say they are better. Or is it just about only wanting organic, natural fabrics against LOs skin?

2. sjbno1

sjbno1 Sarah - mummy & TTC#2

hi hun,

SD for us are no good and cant absorb much for izzie so we use Organic inserts and I litereally have loads and use these to stuff pocket nappies :D so it depends really - if izzie wasnt a heavy wetter i'd have SD :)

forgot to say though the Organic ones do stain easily but a bit sun helps them out :D

3. Rachel_C

Rachel_C Well-Known Member

I didn't like the organic ones at all; they felt much more rigid and thicker to me, and I'm too lazy to be folding them and adding a fleece liner to keep LO dry :blush:. I prefer to add a bamboo Little Lamb booster if I need the stay dry inserts to be more absorbent, or just to change LO more often. I much prefer the quick drying time of the SD ones too.

4. sugarpuff

sugarpuff Well-Known Member

I didn't like the organic ones at first, as like Rachel, I found them rather rigid - however now I love them and wish I had more ! They are a lot more absorbent than the stay dry ones but sometimes struggle to cope when Audrey suddenly does a massive pee (they're nit as quick to absorb as microfibre)

5. tiggercats

tiggercats Guest

I like the organic ones best, they easily last 4 hours on Alex. I used to get on well with the SD until Alex started moving more and now i find they are too thin and bunch up then the pee misses and soaks through the wrap :dohh: I might try Rachel's tip of LL bamboo boosters with my SD though, instead of buying more organics. LL size 2 fleece liners are a perfect fit for the organic inserts and so fluffy.

6. Kota

Kota Mum and Preg!

we love the organic here, the SD only last mayby an 1-2hrs, where as the organic will easily go 4-5hrs, great if I have to go out or he falls asleep in the car and then goes for a nap. never have to worry about them leaking. They are a bit more rigid but 5mins in the dryer will fix that,. (if you have one)
    They also fit great in other pockets, I use them in WN's as well and they're fantastic.

7. flubdub

flubdub Well-Known Member

How much do you pay for your organic ones? Iv seen on one site they are £3.95, but with £3 postage, so its £7 really. Im struggling to find the cheapest place :wacko:

8. mommyof3co

mommyof3co Mommy of 4 amazing boys!

I haven't actually used the flip organics but I have used prefolds in my flip covers which is similar and I do like that but I like our stay dry a lot