Flips overnight?

Discussion in 'Natural Parenting' started by flubdub, Mar 31, 2011.

1. flubdub

flubdub Well-Known Member

Does/has anyone used Flips overnight? If so, did they work, and what inserts did you use?

2. Jetters

Jetters Well-Known Member

Lol at the bug in your sig! :dohh:

I used them overnight on my heavy wetter till he was 6 months old. First with an organic insert, then when he was 2 or 3 months I use an organic insert and a bamboo little lamb booster. Perfect combo. Towards the end I was using 2 LL boosters and an organic nsert cos he pees like a racehorse...

3. Rachel_C

Rachel_C Well-Known Member

Nope, we could never have managed to boost them enough! If you have an average-ish wetter though, I'd definitely try them. Maybe an organic insert with a stay dry one on top would work, or you could add extra bamboo.

4. jessabella

jessabella Well-Known Member

I have several times! Stay dry insert and two little lamb bamboo boosters, sometimes three boosters!

5. Surreal

Surreal Me + Little Man = Family.

I've been using Flips over night since I've started cloth... with two prefolds tucked in that seem to hold up for eight hours. Have to get up after that 'n change him, but that's pretty good, I think.

With all these mentions of inserts, I feel like a cheap ass! :haha: Just got some inserts a couple days ago (the stay dry), gonna give 'em a go at night.

6. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

lol ditto i use prefolds to boost my nappies too hehe

7. violetsky

violetsky Well-Known Member

I do - the little madam is 3 months old and we easy get away with a stay dry insert over a bamboo insert. Also, the organic cotton insert by flip seems more absorbant imo.

8. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

We used 2 staydry inserts from 12 months to 18 months when Alex would sleep 12+ hours and they couldnt cope anymore!

9. wantababybump

wantababybump Well-Known Member

We use flips overnight with a stay dry insert and a hemp insert underneath :) Seems to work pretty well!

10. littlestar

littlestar Proud Mum to a Little Boy

flips are our stable night nappy i use an organic insert with a bamboo or hemp booster in the middle.

11. Kota

Kota Mum and Preg!

we used to when he was 3-6 months old. organic insert topped with SD one. did the job fine. Not sure it would work for us now.

12. 2Princesses

2Princesses Mum of 3 princesses :)

I find that an organic insert works very well on its own on my 2 month old lo. I do change it after 9 hours though, and its still not 100% soaked! my lo is a bit of a heavy wetter too.

13. flubdub

Thanks everyone. I am a little wary about bamboo though, because our TB's with bamboo inserts leak constantly. I dont know if it is the bamboo or the nappies, as I know bamboo is meant to be more absorbant than the microfibre. Maybe I should bite the bullet and just try it :)

14. Rachel_C

You don't have to use bamboo (although it is my favourite!). Do you have an organic Flip insert? Try that with a stay dry one on top.

15. flubdub

No, just a stay dry one, which is fab and thats what made me wonder about overnight. Would MF under the Stay Dry not hold up over night?

16. Rachel_C

I'm not sure, it depends on the baby really. Microfibre tends to leak when it's compressed so if LO stays still for a long time, it might leak more than a natural fibre insert would.

17. flubdub

Ah, good point, cheers x