Flu jab

Had mine. Was a little worried about it cos I don't always respond well to vaccines but so far no adverse effects so I guess since it's free, why not? :winkwink:

I saw the midwife today and she said it would protect me as my immune system is weakened. But I declined it. Now I've looked on nhs website and it say ls it protects the baby for a couple of months after it's born so I'm thinking maybe I should have it

I was worried initially as vaccinations tend to contain live viruses. However, I checked with my doctor and neither the flu jab or whopping cough jabs contain an active virus, which is why they're the two that are offered to pregnant women. I had it and didn't suffer any adverse effects, aside from a bit of pain around the injection site x

Thanks, that's useful info! I might make a call and change my mind x

I had the flu jab (offered free by my employer)
The lady said that if I get pregnant the 9 months following the jab, baby will still be protected for the first few months of its life - I thought bonus!

Babies can't be vaccinated but they do get immunity from you and flu whilst pregnant can also be bad for baby. I had mine before I got pregnant but otherwise I would have definitely got it. It's one of the safest vaccines out there so I strongly recommend it. I worked in vaccination for a number of years.

i had mine 2 days before i had a surprise positive pregnancy test! im glad i had my flu shot too.

I had mine on Tuesday and have had a migraine and fever ever since. Don't know if it's coincidence but I'm miserable! Arm is still dead too.

I saw the midwife today and she said it would protect me as my immune system is weakened. But I declined it. Now I've looked on nhs website and it say ls it protects the baby for a couple of months after it's born so I'm thinking maybe I should have it

The problem with flu is that real flu is actually quite dangerous in pregnancy. My aunt got the flu and ended up with a very premature birth because of how ill she became.

Thanks everyone, sounds like it's worth it then. Will give my midwife a call x

I had mine done yesterday, it was free at my local pharmacy because of the pregnancy! Sore but not unbearable and TBH the effects of flu itself are far more dangerous to mother and baby compared to almost no risk with the injection

I didnt have one. Too nervous! I have only got the flu shot once in my life and havnt had the flu since I was a little girl so I didnt bother with it.

I had mine done too. My arm was sore for a few days but other than that no side effects. I heard there are way more risks to getting the flu than there are the flu shot.

It was the first thing i asked for when seeing my doctor at 4 weeks. My sister didn't have it and ended up with pneumonia, on a life support system and ecmo machine just 3 weeks after she gave birth. Had she of had the jab while pregnant it wouldn't have happened ir would have been very mild! Well worth it imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->