Flu Jab???

JustSmile

Reaction score
Just wondering who has had the jab and if anyone has decided against it because i'm going to see my midwife today and i'll have to book an apointment today if i want want one.

I'm ok with needles but family/friends keep telling me about people they know who have had it and ever since they have been getting the flu where as beforehand they never had it, so i don't know what i should do! :dohh: Any suggestions?

Thankyou! xxxx

I have mine tomorrow and haven't looked into it too much, as you'll always find horror stories. It was recommending by my doctor to have it and I trust what he says. I want my LO to also have the protection.

I had it the other week. I've never had the flu before, or even a bad cold, but knowing my luck i'll catch something this year! I asked a few people for their advice before i got it, all said they had it and it's worth getting. I don't think they would offer it if it wasn't safe. :flower:

I had it yesterday. Didn't wanna read about it too much, cos you always find the horror stories.
I just don't think they would offer it if it wasn't safe.

The flu injection doesnt have the active flu virus in it... So it cant give you flu...
Also people sit in a doctors waiting room with coughing spluttering ill people... then blame the flu jab for making them ill..
People mistake a really bad cold for flu... Believe me if you've got genuin flu.. You know about it!! :dohh:

You can get an achey arm and it can 'knock you about' a bit and make you tired..
I was worried about what (if any) affects it has on baby.. and it has very little..
Flu can cause placental abruption and premature labour.. Also there was a woman in the UK who contracted Swine flu and gave birth in a coma..
I'd rather a jab in the arm than that!!

Plus I've had Swine Flu along with respiratory problems and thought I was dying!! I NEVER want that again!!

Like alot of things you put in your body it has some sort of effect on LO in one way or another...
When it comes to immunisations.. antibiotics and other treatments.. the benefits by far out weigh the risks :thumbup:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->