Flu nasal spray?

sophie22

Reaction score
I got a letter or my two year old to get this done,but I accidentally missed it, I was going to ring and book him in but I wanted a little more info from other mums first.
One - I really can't see him co-operating to get this done, I do t want to traumatise him
And two - does it make the, ill? It says it s live, just weakened

Anyone had any experience here?

Im taking my LO to get her done tomorrow afternoon shes 3. I dont think she will be happy to have it done either. Its supposed to be quick and painless which i think is better then the jab. I havent got a clue if theres any sude effects to it or not its got to be better then them getting the flu.

My daughter had it a couple of weeks ago, shes 3 today so was 2 at the time, I just kept on mentioning where we was going, who we was seeing and what she was having done all day. I kept saying she was having a 'bogey catcher' out up her nose to catch the bogeys .. it bloody worked she was good as gold and let the nurse do it within second. It's quick and over with in about 10 seconds :) also she had no after effects x

we got our letter for 2 year old and shes got an appointment on the 19th. It will not take long with nasal spray so while I know it wont be pleasant I don't think she will be that bothered, certainly better than the injection. I will just be making sure shes on my lap and ready for cuddles and distraction.

to add with flu vaccination I think its same as injection but the nasal spray is apparently more effective with children, I had the injection vaccination for years which has live and was never ill and I had as a child due to asthmatic. Its just the usual precaution of don't takes them if they are already sick

Adam had his today (he's 3) and he had to sit on my lap with me holding his hands still and his tilted back on my shoulder 2 quick squishes and it was done!

George is booked in to have his in a week or so, I was really worried about it (I dont know why I never once questioned any of his jabs!!) but fair play a nurse sat and spoke with me at great length about it. She was very reassuring that it was quick, simple, and pain free. Also very effective in toddlers, and although it was a live vaccine yes at most they expect them to get a mild runny nose for a day or 2, and many have no side effects at all.

OH wants him to have it, and the nurse was reassuring enough that a few days later I finally booked him in for it! And crazily booked myself in too seeing as my MW is moidering for me to have it lol Wish I could have the nasal spray!!! :haha:

nasal is live virus. I swore I would not get it again as he was poorly for two days after but dd caught the flu and we couldn't keep them separated as he wanted to comfort her. He did not catch it so I think we will be doing the live mist again.

My LO actually just got the flu shot (per her doc, they don't recommend for younger kids cause unless they can in-hail well, it just drips back out... and my LO would prob flip!)- I was on the fence for a while, but after chatting with her Pediatrician, I decided (mostly because she recently started day care)- to do it this year for the first time... otherwise, I prob would of skipped it. But I figure she's exposed to enough germs all over let alone around more kids! I'm gonna get one myself too. And my MIL who watches LO the rest of the week.

The first time they have to do 2 shots- so I have to take her back for the followup shot in a month... no fun, but least they only have to do that the first time for younger kids. My LO had NO reaction at all- totally fine and she also had her 2yr check up and one other shot the same day.

IDK- do what you feel OK with hun :)

My dd is having it done next Saturday.. I'm not sure if she's going to cooperate or not! There is a few side effects some children may get, we got a leaflet with them printed on but I can't find it!! .. Reading the forums on here it seems most children haven't had any side effects. I do remember reading on the leaflet that it doesn't matter if they sneeze it straight out.. It will still work! I don't really see how but I'd rather try this than her get the flu

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->