Flu shot safe during first trimester?

E46M3

Reaction score
my wife is 8+4 and the OB suggested her to get a flu shot. We're in California and it's the beginning of flu season. I believe this year's shot also includes the H1N1. no worries?

thanks!

I had mine at 5 weeks. My GP and the OB both highly recommended the shot. When I looked up more information about it I came to the conclusions that the risks posed to me and the baby far outweighed any potential risks from the vaccine. Especially since pregnancy suppresses the immune system and makes it more likely that you will develop the flu.

Good luck with your decision.

I had a sheet from the midwife listing research that confirmed that there was no risk at any stage in pregnancy. Although in all honesty, they can find research to prove anything they want ...

I just got mine Monday, no worries about it. I'd be more concerned about getting the flu than having the vaccine. I haven't had a flu shot since elementary school but I figured it's best!

thanks guys! I just got off the phone with the L.A. County health services and found out the flu shot for pregnant women is different from the regular shot. Lucky for us, they are giving out free shots this Sunday.

I got mine, my OB didnt really give me an option as I work in a dental clinic and am dealing with germs and ppl all day.

I'm in Canada, and when the first H1N1 flu shot came out it was suggested that women get it after the 14th week...however I know this easily could have changed over the last few years, as does the flu shot! If you're GP says its fine...than your wife and baby will be ok. I'm personally opting out of it this year-as I live in a less populated city...its just my personal choice...your doctor knows what is best though so go with that!!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->