Flu Shot

Sweetpea1010

Reaction score
Hi! Anyone getting their flu shot this year? Did anyone's doctor recommend the flu shot? I'm hearing mixed reviews for early pregnancy.

My doc recommended it, so I'll be getting one.

My wife is active duty military, they require it...even during pregnancy. She'll be getting it although she'll be in the second trimester when that happens. If it's any consolation, I got a flu shot when I was pregnant with my son.

I will definetly get mine, my sister is a labor and delivery nurse and has seen some devestating consequences when a pregnant woman gets the actual flu.

I have gotten it with both of my girls and I will get it this time as well!

I received one at 9 weeks per my OB's recommendation. I normally don't get one, but didn't want to take a chance during pregnancy since I normally catch the flu almost every winter. It's a quick jab for a little extra protection. Your medical provider would know best for your situation! :flower:

One of my coworkers did not get the flu shot because she was not told by her doctor that immune systems are slow when you are pregnant. She ended up getting the flu at 7 months pregnant (in November) and was on complete bed rest for two weeks because the risk of it turning much worse were so high. After her experience, I will definitely be getting one even though I have never gotten one before.

I got it with my first, and I'll get it with this baby too. It's what my doc reccomends

I never get the flu shot, and I have never had the flu. My husband has to get one every year ( he was in the military but now is working in the medical field and its required, he will be an RN in December and plans to go on up to NP) he ALWAYS gets sick after having his flu shot..

I don't get it for my kids either, we do the normal shots but even our pediatrician says he won't do the flu shot for his boys either after learning what he has about it (Didn't ask what he meant by that though)..

I will definitely be getting it. It's not routine here unless you are in a vulnerable category or a job which requires it so I've only had it when pregnant before.

I got it last time and will get it this time... I've had the flu (non-pregnant) a couple of times, and it knocks me out! I can't imagine dealing with that pregnant.

Me too, my daughter and I got a terrible case of the flu that led to pneumonia and we've gotten the flu shot every year since.

Definitely. I work in a hospital though and we're required to get it every year or we have to wear a mask every single day. But here Dr.'s recommend it ESPECIALLY if you're pregnant, as you don't want the flu when your pregnant! I will be in my 2nd tri when I get it though. Just make sure you get the shot not the nasal mist. The shot is recommended for pregnant women, the mist is NOT safe for pregnant women as it is a live virus.

I'm on the fence. I'm going to talk to my midwife about it at my next appointment in a few weeks, and I'll likely do whatever she says. Thanks for reminding me to add it to my list ;)

I've always heard pregnant women should get it, and normally I'd go along with that, but I have some reservations. I got my first ever flu shot on the same day as I got my MMR last year, and I had some pretty unpleasant digestive symptoms for several days afterwards. I don't know if it was the flu shot, the MMR, the combination of the two, or total coincidence that caused it. Since I've never in my life gotten the flu, I usually skip the shot. I only got it last year because I had a new preemie nephew and I wouldn't have risked his health for anything. I'm guessing the midwife will tell me to get it, but I feel more comfortable checking in first. I don't want to be sick for days again, and that seems risky while pregnant too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->