Flu shot?

Pulirula

Reaction score
I don't like to get the flu shot I never get one but I've never had the flu either. I know they are going to ask me tomorrow at my appt and Idk if I should get one. Last time I was pregnant I got the flu and swine fu shot. I'm just asking if you girls get the shot pregnant.

I got mine slightly before I got pregnant. It has really been beneficial to me the last few years, so I'm always happy to get it. I know my doctor recommends getting the flu shot in the first trimester. :)

I'm in the same boat. I never get the flu shot but I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant with my first and I think I'm going to get one. I'm getting over a cold that I've had for over a week now and I'm afraid if I get the flu it's really going to knock me down.

Yep :) Always have (though I work in healthcare and it's required). I got it at about 5 weeks with my daughter, and I got it a month before I got pregnant this time.

That's what I'm worried about. Just by chance I do getvthe flu there's not a lot of treatment while your pregnant. I think I'll get it and hope for the besr

My mom had the flu at the end of her pregnancy with my little brother and it caused major problems with the enamel on his teeth.

I got mine like week 5 and I am so glad I didn't wait until week 8 because the flu hit my students haaaard the week after and I wasn't even out a day :)

I had the shot when I was about 7 weeks with my first. There was a lot of flu going round that winter so I was glad I'd had it.

I had the shot. The complications from having the flu are way worse than any potential complications from having the shot (which is basically just you being sore in the arm for a few days). I was the same way. I actually have only ever had flu shots while pregnant, but my doctor told me it's always better to get it than not and I trust him.

I had mine today. My midwife recommended it at my booking in appointment then the doctor today said they really encourage pregnant woman to get it as flu can be very bad in pregnancy and woman can end up in hospital with it and that pregnant women have lower emmune systems so I got mine :)

I had the flu shot with both pregnancies. With my first, I was probably 30 weeks along. It caused zero issues. I had mild soreness and that was that. No flu, and my son is perfectly healthy. I had this flu shot at seven weeks. I saw a lovely baby measuring a few days ahead at nine weeks. It gives me a lot of peace of mind. You can ask for the preservative-free shot. I went to Walgreen's and made sure they knew I was pregnant. It wasn't an issue at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->