Fluoxitine? Anyone take for PND?

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by bumpsmum, Aug 27, 2009.

1. bumpsmum

bumpsmum Mummy to Matthew & Daniel

Hope no one minds me asking, recenly diagnosed with PND and prescribed Fluoxitine (Prozac), know to expect bad side effects first few weeks, but since yest I have had excrucisting pain in my lower right back (kidney area) I have been feeling nauseous and had the runs :blush: on and off last 3-4 days (even before taking the meds) but back pain only since taking the meds - wondering if this is muscle pain which is a side effect or more likely a kidney infection. Reluctant to drag baby down to GP if its just a side effect but I FEEL DOG ROUGH and feeling a little sorry for myself I suppose!

Anyone care to share their experience of Prozac? x

2. stephwiggy

stephwiggy Well-Known Member

I was on it for a few weeks but it made me feel awefull !!

But i popped to see doc and was give citilopram (spelling) and i tell you what it was a god send !!

I would see the doc is i were you xx

(((((hugs))))))

3. bumpsmum

thanks, going to Dr in a bit - thought best to get it checked out as i had severe pre-eclampsia at the end of my preg a few months agoj ust incase it is a kidney thing.

Hoping Dr will switch meds if side effects get too bad I have only had a few days on them so far and feel awful x

4. Kiddo

Kiddo Well-Known Member

I'd go to the doc for the back pain just in case it's not related to the meds.

When I started taking prozac I felt rotten for the first couple of weeks from the side effects but I stuck with the tablets and they did work.

5. Pessimistic

Pessimistic Well-Known Member

I've taken 20mg fluoxetine for over a year now, through my pregnancy also. Not had a problem myself, but my friend who went on them did, sometimes the meds don't suit some people, you should maybe look at going back and trying a different one.

6. bumpsmum

well back from Dr with a suspected kidney infection! given anti0biotics and as I only started to take the Prozac to hold off on them til end of next week as I already feel rough enough without them! Thanks girlies praying Matthew goes for a nap soon so I can, all he wants to go is play and gibber lol x

7. augustbaby09

augustbaby09 Well-Known Member

ive been on it before i fell pregnant and the only side effect i can remember was an acid feeling in my throat /chest after taking a tablet.It didnt happen everytime though.

Hope your infection clears up xx

8. 09babyboy

09babyboy mammy to Alec!

iam on these not having any problems with them but did take a while to kick in