Flushed/hot cheeks & ears????

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Autumntx, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Autumntx

Autumntx Well-Known Member

Okay so I dont blush easily and my blood pressure has been great...but for the past 3 days I've had this issue. My cheeks get extremely red along with my ears and I feel like they are burning up. Anyone else experiencing this? Its insane!

2. bungle

bungle Mummy of 2 girls

Yep, me! It's like my body's thermostat is broken. A couple of weeks ago I found myself sat on the sofa in my leggings and a bra - the OH was wearing a coat and a hat!!! Lol

3. loz

loz Well-Known Member

ive had this tonight, simular feeling when u have a few glasses of wine lol, my ears have been burning and cheeks are all flushed glad its not just me who has got this

4. firstpreg

firstpreg Well-Known Member

I have also been experiencing this for the last few days. Don't know what it is though.

5. robinator

robinator Guest

This is the weirdest thing. I have spent the last several years speaking in front of large groups, both professionally and not. I'm totally fine with it.

When we were taking our classes at the hospital a couple weeks ago, everytime I would ask a question or pipe up, I could feel my whole face get hot and red. No idea what's up, but it annoyed me to think others might think I was embarrassed! :haha:

6. luvmyfam

luvmyfam Well-Known Member

It is an effect of high estrogen levels. I was talking to my doctor one day and suddenly my ears and the palms of my hands were bright red. She said it was due to estrogen and is normal.

7. Autumntx

Autumntx Well-Known Member

a friend of mine pointed out that this started when they put me on progesterone suppositories. I had already been on injections but they added suppositories 3 days ago. Maybe thats it?

8. fuffyburra

fuffyburra Hattie Flower's mummy :)

I get a BRIGHT red nose that extends all the way over my cheeks :haha: and my ears feel hot too. Never checked to see if they're red though. I feel hot all the time too, last night I slept completely in the nuddy, and OH wore pjs and an extra blanket lol x x