• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Flushot

maria26pc

Reaction score
Are you girls getting flushots? My Gyn asked me to and I got mine this evening. Just wondering whether DH also will have to get it or not?

im not alowed my flue shot coz im pregnant but normaly have one every year some doctors let you some dont fingers crossed i can get one in time after baby is born :hissy:

I don't normally have one, nor have I had it mentioned to me.

Wonder if I should ask mw? x x

Yeah, I thought pregnant women weren't to get them? I can't get one anyway due to the fact that I have an egg allergy and the vaccine is egg based =( I hope this isn't the year I get flu!

yea im getting mine on saturday. I usually get one anyways as im asthamatic so i dont think its cause im pregnant, altho i did watch on tv them talking about trying to bring in it that all pregnant woman get them as itll protect the baby for the 1st 6 months of their life which is the most important time with their tiny immune systems. I had one when i was preg with my 1st son and everything was fine and i dont know whether it was the jab or the jab combined with breastfeeding but he didnt even get a sniffle and he was born in Jan. It was great a cold is normally one of the things that EVERY baby gets but if u can prevent it viz this jab id def say it was worth it!!! If i wasnt getting it done at my doctors id pay the £10 to get it dont privately i think its that worth it!! Altho saying this im due on Monday soooooo im actually hoping babe doesnt make an appearence til his due date or a 'teeny tiny' bit over so he can get the jab into his system altho knowing my luck ill have him friday night or something silly lol!!!!!

I wouldn't get one. I don't really believe in them as they are generally pretty ineffective. You can't beat a virus that changes so much each year. Better to build the immune system by having related colds probably.

Stan and I both had one last year (I was in first tri)

My Dr. gave one to me at my 37 week apt yesterday. She suggested that my Hubby and 4 year old also get one :)

I normally have mine done but i just thought being pregnant i couldnt get it done,also hopeing like mad that i dont get it at the same time.I have my midwifes appointment tommorrow so i shall ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"