Flying in first 12 weeks

smurfy

Reaction score
Hi all

Can you fly in first 12 weeks? We have been awarded holiday so they set when we go as a group trip. I would be bout 10 weeks and would have had 2 scan one at wk 6 and one at 8 or 9 weeks as it it if conception.

I would be flying from UK to Italy so about 2.5 hrs. Also how did insurance work? I assume as long as you tell them it is fine

Thanks for your help

I flew at 8 weeks and was fine. There was nothing in my insurance mentioning normal pregnancy. Everything is covered by the EU health insurance card anyway.

Yup... most airlines won't let you fly after 30 or 32 weeks... the only caution would be if you are super high risk. I am supposed to fly in June and I am soo nervous they won't let me with my twinny bump. :(

I found out I was expecting two weeks before we left for our honeymoon...2.5 weeks travelling around Hong Kong and Vietnam, 9 flights in total, 2 of which were 12 hours long. To say I was neurotic on the first long haul is an understatement. I didn't sleep at all.

I mentioned to the airlines that I was pregnant so that I could get a seat near the loo. I kept hydrated and moved around a lot...my bladder helped with that anyway.
I wore compression socks for leg swelling. All in all I was fine...I slept like a baby on the long haul back.

You and bub will be just fine x

Should be fine hun. we went to Thailand when I was 7 ish weeks. Long haul lol I was a bit nervous but all fine.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->