Flying whilst pregnant - Spain

C

cherryglitter

Hi ladies,

OH's parents live in Spain and I would love to go and see them for two weeks next year!
I was just wondering when you would advice going!

Im going to be 20 weeks mid february! Would you advise going before then or could I go just a couple of weeks after - say 22 weeks? I know you're not supposed to fly without a doc's note after 28 weeks, but I don't think I would feel comfortable doing that anyway!

Any advice would be appreciated!! xx

i went on holiday to spain in september and i was 23 weeks flying there, and 24 weeks flying back, i was absolutly fine, your flying at the safest time of your pregnancy and as spain isnt a long flight i say go for it!!jus keep walking around and moving your ankles! x

So far, I've flown between Spain & the UK at 4 weeks(although I didnt know I was pregnant) 17 weeks and 24 weeks. I was fine for all of them, although was still suffering from MS at 17 weeks so was feeling a little queasy. I asked for an aisle seat so I could get up & walk around at regular intervals & made sure I drank planty of water to keep hydrated. I would say anytime in 2nd Tri would be fine.

No, as long as you are under the time that they need a doctors note (think its 28 weeks) then you shouldnt need to let them know. I would have a look on the airline's website, it should give you all the info you need.

I'm flying transatlantic to see family late next week (almost 22 weeks) so I say go for it :) I've booked an aisle seat, and have my flight socks ready to go.

i have flown at 5wks and at 13wks. was fine both times. 2nd tri is supposed 2 be best time 2 travel xxx

I have flown back to the uk from cyprus at about 29wks with a doctors note and was fine, I just drank plenty of water & kept my legs moving to help prevent dvt. As I was pregnant I automatically got sat near the toilets too which was a blessing lol. I think you will be just fine.

I flew to Turkey when i was 22 wks going, 24 coming back, HOWEVER, they say you don't need a doctors note until after 28 weeks but when i called co-op travel (who i booked with) they told me i needed one anyway otherwise i wouldn't be allowed to fly. Luckily i managed to get one from my doctors and they didn't even ask to look at it or anything in any of the airports but better to be safe than sorry so just check beforehand :)

I flew to Lanzarote (4hour flight) when i was 13weeks.

Make the most of being able to fly while you can!

I flew to the UK at about 13/14 weeks and will be flying back to the US at about 18 weeks (if I worked that out correctly :dohh:).

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"