Flying with a 2 year old

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by _phoenix_, May 31, 2013.

1. _phoenix_

_phoenix_ Active Member

Late July I will be flying from Minnesota to New Mexico. This will be our first time flying and im nervous not only because iv never flown before and keeping him occupied.
    Iv always had a fear of flying and now i gotta face it plus i dont want to make him scared ether.
    any advice would be awesome.
    :shock:

2. Natsku

Natsku Well-Known Member

I flew last week with my two year old. It was mostly ok, she was very excited about the plane and wasn't scared about anything (well apart from the person we were sitting next to!) but she had an ear infection so landing was rather horrific. Hope your flight goes ok :hugs: I took new toys for her but she wasn't interested in them and just wanted to eat snacks the whole flight.

3. Peardrop

Peardrop Well-Known Member

Get some books for both of you - one for you to read about your fear and some fun ones for your LO.

Is it just you and your LO flying or is there someone else with you who is experienced?

Make sure you tell the flight staff that its both of your first times and that you are worried about it. They will help. Speak to someone when choosing seats so they can help with good seats for this also.

4. _phoenix_

_phoenix_ Active Member

Its going to be just us and my husband will fly down a few weeks after us. He thinks im being silly.