flying with blood clotting

traylee01

Reaction score
blood clotting runs in my family and i just found out this weekend im pregnannt,
i have a flight to sydney booked next week and am not sure i want to risk anything.

i have read many mixed reviews about misscarriages due to flying so im thinking about cancelling

Would you?? rather than take any risk

as i read if blood clotting in family your at higher risk

I flew while pregnant with my DD. I have low-C protein which is a clotting disorder that causes miscarriages. At the time I was on a daily Lovenox shot and was 24 weeks along when I flew. My OB said it was fine but to make sure that every hour if possible to get and walk around. I was also told to keep stretching my legs during the flight to prevent blood clots.

The reason flights can cause clots is the long time sitting. I'm not sure how long the flight will be for you. Mine was a short flight of about 3 hours so super easy to get up a few times and walk to the bathroom.

Yes I don't have it but runs a n family. I was reading this morning 9/10 flight attendants one company had miscarriages. More than once but once grounded were fine. After losing 2 this year not sure I wanna take chance just for 5 days

I had 4 m/c's in 2011 and was under investigation at the hospital for recurrent m/c's. I found out early fen 2012 I was pregnant and flew to France 6 days later. Upon my return I went to see consultant at about 6 weeks and test results had come back positive for the blood clotting problem antiphospholipid syndrome. I started treatment and the pregnancy ended with me having a healthy daughter.

Good luck with whatever you decide but I flew with an undisguised clotting problem after 4 m/c's and all was fine

yea just after losses not sure i want to take the risk, as i read about them grounding flight attendants when they find out they are pregnant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->