flying with breast milk?

doodles999

Two Under Two
Reaction score
has anyone flown recently in the U.S. and brought bm/a pump with them? did TSA give you a hard time? i'm flying with dh and my dd this week, and i'll be leaving from work, so i'll have two pouches of fresh bm from pumping that day...i wanted to bring them along so that i have some milk in case we go out somewhere without lo (we're staying with good friends and hoping for a date night!). i'm bringing either my hand or electric pump with us, but there's never a guarantee i can pump enough when with my lo full time...so i figured the expressed milk was a good insurance plan. but i really don't want to deal with a whole production in security! the TSA regulations says it's ok, but i've read a bunch of horror stories from recent years. :dohh:

I would assume just keep each bag under what is it 3 oz each and it should be fine.

Well the TSA guidelines say that the 3oz rule doesn't apply. :shrug:

I've not done it yet but my sister flew here to visit me when my lo was born and she brought her pump but her lo stayed back home (my lo was in NICU so my sisters one year old wouldn't have been allowed in, etc) anyhow after several days here she had a freezer stash of breast milk and flew back with it. As far as I know she didn't have any problems. I will be flying with my lo in 2 weeks and am hoping to bring a bottle or two of expressed milk incase she doesn't breastfeeding well on the plane, etc. as far as I know the 3 oz rule doesn't apply and it's allowed on

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->