Flying

Sam182

Mum to a 27 week preemie
Reaction score
I'm off on hols on Saturday and whilst I'm delighted to go away for a break I'm really nervous firstly of the walkthrough X-ray machine in Glasgow airport as I know X-ray is bad for the baby. Does anyone know if this is an issue or if I need a doctors note to say I'm pregnant? Also I'm nervous that a 5 1/2 hour flight might harm the baby. Can anyone advise me?

You'll be fine, the xray machines do not harm the baby as they are low frequency. I asked MW as I am going away in a few weeks so will be 16 weeks by then. Our flight is 4 hours long she told me just to make sure you get up and have a walk about so you are not sat in the same position for a long period of time..

its fine, just make sure you drink lots of water, and my doc said to wear the flight tights. Should beable to get those in a drug store I think x

I told the security guy i might be pregnant (i wasnt) and he was really nice about it and let me thru without doing it x

I used to work at the airport scanning ppl stuff and checking peeps' pockets out :D there is no harm walking through the machine, there is more radiation in the air itself. But we did let women go through without having to walk through the machine just so they wouldnt worry and stress themselves out. MW said just to walk in the plane a bit and keep hydrated. She also mentioned to check airline policy with pregnant passangers. I didnt even think about it. Im flying in 2 weeks and showing a little. I will be able to "hide" it, but I will ask my MW for a letter to say im OK to fly :)

I think it can only be prob to fly when you past 7 months, policy wise.
(but I figure giving birth on the plane could get the baby free flights for life!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->